See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed two night at the Days Inn by Wyndham Luray Shenandoah, July 13-14, 2018. This was our 3rd stay at this hotel, and it is our first choice whenever we are in the area. Had a king room with jacuzzi tub. The rooms are always clean and comfortable, plenty of towels and wash clothes; along with a variety of guest soap and lotions if you would need them. The beds are comfortable, with plenty of pillows. There is a microwave and small fridge too. Could not have asked for a better room.
The hotel has been full each time we’ve stayed and you don’t hear the noise of other guest in your room. This time we were on the parking lot side and we couldn’t hear the cars starting up or driving through the lot, which was terrific!
The pool at this hotel is great!! It’s 9 feet in the deep end, and is a very large pool compared to those you see at hotels today. I highly recommend you bring your bathing suits and spend some time in the pool while you’re there.
We really like this hotel and will always stay here if it’s available.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Diana B
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

First class roach motel. One of the worst hotel rooms we ever stayed in. There was an odor in the room, carpets weren’t cleaned something sticky had to wear flip flops didn’t want to walk bare foot on them. They also came in handy when I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night to step on the roaches that came out to play. The WiFi don’t work, I even went to the main lobby and couldn’t get it to work by the front desk. Staffer said if enough people complain maybe they fix it. Lots of flies in the room, good thing the room comes with its own “FLY SWATTER” Really?? It’s very obvious the owners take no pride in their investment. This place charges way too much for such dumpy rooms. Very disappointed.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SCoxygenman
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We have been traveling to Luray for 30+ years to visit family. In that time, the hoteliers have operated with impunity, with outdated and outmoded lodging, charging double or triple rates for subpar rooms. This property should receive an award for “greatest gouger.”

If you want to stay in Luray, you have no choice but to stay in an old, crappy hotel room. No one expects to stay in the Taj Mahal, but clean, comfortable and a non odorous room should be expected.

The room did have fairly new carpet and a flat screen. Other than that, it went downhill. I asked for a non smoking room, as my dad has COPD. Well, the room smelled like old Cheetos and it was obvious the funk was never cleaned (see attached photo). Beds and linens were blah, as were other furnishings.

I give this place two stars (really 1.5) because honestly, there are worse places in Luray! However, for the price of a Hampton Inn in most towns, I won’t stay here again. The racket must stop and until tourists put their money in hotels in neighboring towns, the hoteliers will continue to get rich and not reinvest in their product.

Oh and the breakfast? Worse I have ever seen in a hotel. My poor father asked “what do I eat?” Basically just toast and cereal. And the $5 mini golf? Lol.

Good luck and don’t say I didn’t warn you!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Staff is friendly but rooms are outdated. AC is only turned on when you go to your rooms and takes hours to catch up. Internet is good but spotty with weather. The rooms also have adjoining doors which let light and smells through. Beds were clean and comfortable enough for a short stay. Staff responds quickly to any issues.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 8 July 2018

The day staff at the desk and maintenance were wonderful. The evening and overnight staff were no help at all. There were some issues with the air conditioning and cleanliness. The room could have been cleaner. There was no internet. The breakfast was acceptable, I wish there were more options. The pool was nice.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family