Days Inn by Wyndham Luray Shenandoah
US$77
Hotel Laurance(Luray)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$121
The Mimslyn Inn(Luray)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$203
Woodruff House Bed & Breakfast(Luray)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$159
Travelocity
The Inn of the Shenandoah(Luray)(Great Value!)
US$150
TripAdvisor
Skyland(Shenandoah National Park)
US$181
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from these sites
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My husband, teenage son and I stayed here on a stopover to the Outer Banks, we wanted to see the Luray Caverns which were right nearby. We were greeted by very friendly and helpful people at the front desk, they gave us a map and directions to the town of Luray and places to eat. This hotel is just a little bit out of town but in a very beautiful scenic area, nice views of the mountains. The accommodations are basic but all we needed was a place to sleep and an internet connection, so it fit the bill. The beds were pretty firm, but it was for just one night. I don't take much notice of the decor at most places, so I can't comment. The free breakfast was the usual but once again, it's all we needed. There was a pool, but we didn't use it. It was a standard outside access motel, but more than sufficient for our overnight needs.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank blackcat725
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We decided to stay here because of the continental breakfast and the outward appearance. We should have looked at our room first because we chose a "Victorian" and found it to be a disappointment. The room was overcrowded with mismatched beat-up (antique?) furniture that looked like it came from a garage sale or flea market. The chairs were filthy and the mattress worn out. The pool looked like it had not been cleaned in days. The water was murky and was pretty much being used as a public bath. The staff was very friendly but we wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't know how the rest of the place is but don't get a "Victorian" room.
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank FamilyAEAL
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We enjoyed our stay at Days Inn. We usually stay at B and Bs or hotels, but owing to the scarcity of options in the Shenandoah NP area we booked a room at the Days Inn. We had made reservations online, but when we got to the area we found an advertisement for a lower rate. The front desk employee was happy to give us the lower rate even though the ad said it was for walk-in guests only.

The room itself was very clean and larger than I had expected it to be. It had a refrigerator and microwave. The pool on site was great. It was large, very clean, with a gorgeous view of the mountains. The exercise room was a former inn room with three pieces of excercise equipment in it, but my daughter loved it and it was a highlight for her.

The location is outstanding. It was very close to Shenandoah National Park (our main purpose for visiting the area) as well as Luray Caverns. The town of Luray is lovely and very friendly, with a very nice biking/walking path along a stream, and we saw the most amazing 4th of July fireworks ever there.

The continental breakfast was pretty bad, but about what we expected it to be considering the very low price of the room--basically white flour/sugar products. However, coffee, tea, juices, apples, and oranges were available as well.

The staff were courteous and helpful overall.

We were very pleased with our stay and would recommend the inn to others.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My stay here was very quiet and I had no complaints. I arrived after an afternoon at Luray Caverns and the gentleman at the front desk who first greeted me was very friendly. I had selected this particular hotel after reading reviews on several other comparable places in Luray. When I booked this hotel, it was a little more than I wanted to pay, but did NOT have any complaints of bedbugs like my second choice (and cheaper) hotel. I was pleasantly surprised when the woman who checked me in said that the online price was not the correct price and she then charged me the best price amount, which was cheaper. I felt that this showed they were being honest. (Perhaps it would be better to call to make a reservation to make sure you are getting the correct price.) The location was close to the caverns and in a quiet, rural setting. They had an adult pool, kids' pool, and mini golf (which I did not try), though the kids' pool was closed for repair. I did have some trouble with my cell service, since Luray in general is such a rural area, so I was glad I had brought my laptop (they had free internet.) All in all, it was a pleasant, quiet stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank shadamai
Reviewed 29 May 2011

The view of the mountains was picture perfect. The rooms were clean and the walls were pretty thick. We had four 7th grade boys next to us and we never heard them and I know they were horsing around and watching TV late at night. We did not get a chance to use the pool because we had to be at Luray early and did not get in before it closed. It looked fine but the hot tub was not being maintained and was not open for use. The lobby was really nice and the breakfast room was rather large but the breakfast selection was really small. Two types of cold cereal and maybe one hot cereal is it. The staff I talked to were very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2011