“More than expected, great price!!!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Three Rivers
Boston, Massachusetts
“More than expected, great price!!!”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Amanda was awesome!!! She had all the answers for my family as we were ready to ascend to the General Sherman tree. There was construction/wait to get up and she alerted us of this all. The room was very reasonable and we were upgraded to a suite as there seemed to be very few people in the building during the off season. We were given extra pillows and there was plenty of room for our five family members to stay in one room. The breakfast was decent the next morning and for free. We had a very comfortable stay, we wished the spa was open during the winter hours, but nothing to complain about. Amanda helped us with our game plan the next day as well which was very helpful as we are not from the area! The place was great!

Room Tip: Suites have a coach (pull out)
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MJBoston21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed for a night in early January 2012 for $76.99. This was very reasonable for the clean, comfortably sized room and well-fitted (and generously towelled) ensuite which I was offered.

I was greeted by a pleasant receptionist, who unpatronisingly imparted the usual check-in spiel and genuinely made me feel welcome. It is worth noting, I am a thin, pale and dishevelled-looking man.

Some will be grateful to hear that breakfast is available from 06.30 onwards. If you have plans on an early morning excursion to Sequioa National Park, such an early breakfast service is invaluable. I failed to realise my own early bird ambitions, but luckily I was able to catch breakfast at the tail-end of the serving time, i.e., 09.30. Far from being eyed resentfully when I quietly slipped in at a table at the last minute, I was asked if I needed anything. The host was refreshingly congenial. Hot scrambled egg and bacon were still available in plentiful supply, even then. There was a decent selection of cereals, toast, juice, tea, coffee, whole fruit, and pastries.

I checked-out without fuss. There was nothing to complain about. Wi-Fi worked fine. Upon leaving, the staff/management (one of whom was on their way to the Park) obliged—without hesitation—when I asked a luggage related favour. At the risk of being prudish, I'll remain vague about what I mean lest others take advantage. (I know, now you really want to know!) Suffice it to say, this kind of courtesy is all too uncommon in modern hotelling.

Then again, after visiting the park, I stopped by to wait for a taxi. I was offered a seat in the lobby and told I could use the internet! I didn't even have to hide my freeloading ways! Sheraton Gateway LAX, take note! (Okay, their lobby Wi-Fi was free too, but they charged through the nose for "in-room" Wi-Fi... tshh.)

All in all, I recommend.

PS. Unless you're a professional racing cyclist, don't attempt to cycle to Sequoia National Park from anywhere in Three Rivers. It's only around 5 miles to the gate, but it's uphill. It took me almost 90 minutes and left my legs like spaghetti. I knew my brilliant plan to go all the way to General Sherman was dead in the water when the ranger at the gate informed me that it was another 19 miles and over 4,000ft higher to get to it. I hitched a ride, by the way, and got there, thanks to some generous folk inside the park. They were the exception though. The park is quiet in winter, although there was no snow on the roads this year.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Padhraig O
Milano
Reviewed 7 January 2012

This hotel is ideally located to visit the incredible Sequoia park: that's all positive I can say.

The quality of the hotel is only acceptable and I was not so happy to be there. Rooms are old, air conditioning is incredibly noisy and so are the rooms. To have breakfast you have to fight for a table.

If you can find a different solution look for it: this is not a great place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Principissimo

Travellers are raving about these Three Rivers hotels

Nottingham UK
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Close to the Park entrance, its about an hour away from the General Sherman. Lots of roadworks which were handled very well, a little wait but not enough to spoil the day. Beds clean and comfortable. Washing machine was very handy, breakfast was complimentary and a bit of a scrum but hey it was fine. Go with the flow. We took plenty of eats and drink with us bought from Wal Mart and stashed them in the fridge. We ate dinner in one of the cafes within the Park. We stayed 2 nights, first night after a drive from Las Vegas, the second after visiting the Park, I think another day visiting the Park would have been nice. Free parking within the park, and free bus travel also. Although we just drove all over ourselves, there was enough adequate parking all over.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MATTNottinghamUK
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 December 2011

If you are going to Sequoia and Kings national parks this is an excellent and affordable place to base yourself to explore the park. We stayed in August so the weather was still quite good. Clean rooms, friendly staff and a nice pool to relax in after a day of hiking. It will take you about half an hour to drive to the visitors center from the hotel. The complimentary breakfast is normal Comfort Inn fare but will give you some sustenance. There is supermarket nearby and several restaurants including a pizza restaurant if you have children. We stayed two nights before traveling up to the north end of the park and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2.3 km away
Lazy J Ranch-Americas Best Value Inn
30.2 km away
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer Family Camp
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer...
#2 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
35.4 km away
John Muir Lodge
John Muir Lodge
#3 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon? Share your experiences!