Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$186
eDreamsUS$186
Hotels.comUS$186
Expedia.comUS$186
PricelineUS$186
Orbitz.comUS$186
All reviews the river friendly place nothing fancy the sequoia national forest glenn tesla park mountains stream sound
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 October 2020 via mobile

Enjoyed our recent stay. Great value at $99 per night. And with the big hills of Sequoia National Park, it was great starting out with a full charge thanks to the two onsite Tesla destination chargers. We also enjoyed the restaurant. We drank in the bar upon arrival and ate lunch before we departed the next day. Great food and river views. We’ll definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank log24
Reviewed 6 July 2020 via mobile

Stayed at the Gateway Lodge in room 1 thinking I would have had some access to the river other than the Restaurant, but NO! The room I picked was the closest to the hiway. It was not so bad except for the antiqu ated mini fridge & the hard bed, the TV was maybe 28" but I was able to hook up my laptop & watch Netflix. The Wifi was descent that is why I am giving them 2 stars instead of 1. Bang for the buck $$$$ it was the worse I've ever experienced. I would not ever stay there again, a lesson well learned. $199 on weekdays & $249 on weekends? Who are you kidding?

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Glenn Mcintyre, Owner at Gateway Restaurant and Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It saddens me to read this review as this is so far from the typical customer experience. We encourage you to reach out to us directly to discuss your stay in greater detail. Thank you.

Reviewed 21 June 2020 via mobile

My friends and I were hoping to find a way into Sequoia National Forest and were unsuccessful, but we found this really cool little Restaurant and Lodge. We stopped by to grab a bite to eat. We were allowed to eat out on the patio next to the river. We were mesmerized by the beautiful mountain views and the sound of running water. We were loath to leave. The waitress approached us and informed us that rooms were available and they would offer us a whole cabin for half price. The cabin was rustic with well worn and comfortable furnishings and the patio had plenty of outdoor seating. We made a run to the local grocery store for some snacks and alcohol. We spent the evening on the patio listening to the sounds of nature, watching the cattle graze in the high mountains and conversed about the craziness of life.

We really enjoyed our stay and the food at the restaurant was delicious. We had lunch and breakfast at there and both meals were fresh and plentiful.

We really enjoyed our stay and will stop by again whenever we are in the area in the future. We really appreciated the hospitality and friendly service!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Tatt2dRN

Thanks for the review of our business! It means a lot and we are thrilled you were able to come across our business on your travels! Come back soon!

Reviewed 5 January 2020 via mobile

We eat in the gateway on a regular basis and the food is always good, we were there on Sunday evening and had a lovely meal, fish and chips Thai curry and garlic mushrooms were all very tasty, desserts were good and the prices are reasonable also the manager and staff are friendly and efficient, the place is spacious and nicely decorated warm and inviting all in all a lovely place

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Glenn M, Owner at Gateway Restaurant and Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2020

Mary, we're very grateful for the kind words. We're happy to hear that we are able to provide our customers with a five star experience!

Reviewed 21 December 2019 via mobile

Actually this is a review of a Christmas day dinner at this restaurant in 2018. I had reservations that were not honored because of a crowd of wannabee diners lined up outside the door. Most had no reservations. When my family was finally seated it was by the door leading into a very noisy kitchen. Conversation with my family was impossible. Dinner was expensive and the gratuitity was automatically added to our bill because staff had volunteered to work on Christmas. I wish the dinners themselves had been worth the expense. We should have just hoofed it to a Denny's.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family

We are sorry to see this review. We intend to provide the utmost in quality products and customer service. We welcome you to return to our establishment for a chance to earn back your business. All the best.