All reviews waffles weekday morning beach community low price rooms face comfortable beds spent nights short drive front desk staff the breakfast area reagan library room key nice pool pool and hot tub staying at this hotel nice property free breakfast
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed here a couple times the last time I stayed they said my room smelled of weed but I had not smoked in there yes I smoke weed but did not smoke in the room they said they didn't smell smoke they smelt the odor of weed!! I called them out told them to go in the room see if it smelled in morning Bull Crap they lied about it they kept my deposit told me they didn't smell smoke but just an odor which is absurd never heard of how can u keep my deposit not let me rent again if all it was was an odor u have to of actually smoked in the room to have that happen I've stayed in the past never had that issue they were very inappropriate and unprofessional poor common sense and ability to define smoke from odor they should not be able to keep deposits and not let people rent that are honest about it and have not smoked in the room.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank carly m
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I previously stayed at this hotel for one night eight months ago on a pleasure trip and had a good experience, so I thought I would try it for an extended five night business trip that included some downtime for recreation. My preference is to stay at a beach community hotel near LAX, but during the past year, even the low budget hotels have become very expensive.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked out. In my downtime between business appointments, I was able to use the very upscale Gold’s Gym that was walking distance to the hotel and is included in the price, take a very short ride to Westlake Village for scenic jogging around the lake, and pop out to Paradise Falls Trail for a brief hike. Whole Foods is right up the street, and Trader Joe’s and Veggie Grill are a short drive, making it extremely easy to eat healthy meals. There are aspects of the hotel that are dated, but the value is excellent, and I did not experience any difficulty with noise or poor bed issues, as some reviewers mentioned. I was in a top floor corner room near the back of the hotel. The breakfast area was busy, as some other reviewers mentioned, but I did not have any trouble getting food. The front desk staff was pleasant and receptive during the entire stay.

The only downside is that I had a weekday morning flight to catch, so checked out the night before and moved to an airport hotel to avoid traffic issues. (This was all planned ahead of time.) That move would not have been necessary if the flight was later in the day, or on a weekend.

Room Tip: Top floor room towards back of hotel
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I will start by saying it was Clean however disappointing and i was'nt expecting it to be great but i went to visit my husband while he was working in the area they had a beautiful pool but it was not usable per the City that was the 1st disappointment the beds were so old i swear i just replaced my own and the one i discarded was better than theirs i woke up feeling like i needed a nap every muscle aches the coffee pot did not work they did give me a slight discount but will not make a choice hotel my choice next time they should hire me for secret shopper the girl at front desk when we arrived was pleasent actually both desk clerks were but it was the type that condescending like its just what they are use to saying i know their hotels are always a bit dated furniture anyways but beds usually make up for it not this time i will stay at holiday inn a little more never disappointed

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gadora61
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed there three nights as we were visiting Los Angeles.
The rooms were spacious and clean. Yes air con is a little noisy but same everywhere.
It was a quiet hotel with a pool and jacuzzi which we used everyday. Towels are given by staff.
We were on the second floor. We had no issue.

Breakfast was good however the room is very small. We had breakfast by the pool each morning.
Very happy for $70 a night.

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank thedelph
Reviewed 6 August 2017

I suppose it was cheap and convenient, but I'll be giving 'Quality' Inns a swerve in future.

We booked two rooms for two nights and they were the worst nights' sleep ever. The rooms were dowdy - like something from a 70s movie with shades of brown and not enough lighting. One room had huge stains on the carpet and the general cleanliness was poor - not nice.

I defy anyone to sleep through the noise of the (again 70's-style) air con units - or the fridge that buzzes and clicks all night. So you turn the air con off and it gets too hot. And the beds aren't that comfy either.

Oh, and keep the curtains drawn if you're downstairs otherwise anyone walking past or near the pool can see right in, day or night.

Then there's the breakfast - like feeding time at a zoo with too many people jostling for not enough food and one of the four tables... A joke.

Cheap is not cheerful in this case - I'd always pay a little more for something a bit better in future.

Room Tip: If you must stay there, upstairs has more privacy.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family