All reviews irish pub courtyard room front desk great pool grocery store pool area hollywood suite potatoes chess game waffles on site restaurant gas station free breakfast hot tub parking lot newbury park fresh fruit
Reviewed 5 August 2018

We hosted our high school reunion at this hotel. The outside really doesn't do it justice. Once you walk in, you are transported to a very well designed, clean and comfortable place. It has a very modern feel and the staff treat you as the staff at a luxury resort would treat you. We hosted the event in the terrace room which was awesome! They had a/v, catering and everything we would ever need.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
PalmGardenManager, Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Angie,

Thank you for writing a review on tripadvisor,
The reunion was a great event and we are glad you were able to enjoy it! Our staff strives to enhance the guest experience and it is very rewarding to hear it be shared in a review.
Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

We really enjoyed the beautiful venue for our event. Our clients loved the attached patio for more intimate conversations and reminiscing. The food was tasty and the staff were very responsive to our needs. We look forward to many more events here!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
PalmGardenManager, Manager at Palm Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Joyce,

Thank you for reviewing us on tripadvisor,
We are excited to hear your event went well and our space was appreciated. We can't wait to welcome you and your group back again.
Thank you again for choosing our venue for your event and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel and staff is very good. My family, 2 adults and 2 children, 15 and 12 years old, stayed for 6 days and had a really good time.
The room is big, good beds and shower.
The pool area is big, clean and plenty of sunbeds.
Very nice area to sit at night and the breakfast is having a hot section, waffles and a variety of other things.
Close to 101 road but you can't hear the cars and overall a very quiet hotel.
We will definitely go back if we are in the area.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Peter,

Thank you for writing a review on tripadvisor,
We're glad the family was able to enjoy a nice relaxing stay. We hope you return once we have completed our renovations.
Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Our stay here was good. Nothing fabulous, nothing horrible. The room was very clean, older with updates. Everyone was friendly. We have no complaints other than all the children in the pool that were there for a pony league, and some noise from the road. But our room was far enough away from the noise. We were there to see the Ronald Regan Library. The breakfast was good. Not a bad stay at all.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda B

Dear Brenda,

Thank you for sharing with the tripadvisor community,
We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay for the most part. It is important to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay and it sounds we fell short. The good news is we have received approval and we will be doing a full renovation to all of our rooms to bring them up-to-date.
Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

We picked this hotel based on it's decent reviews on Expedia. We had to drive up from San Diego to the Bay Area and due to my ear infection, we needed to take the long route. Since I am also pregnant and we have to stop every 2 hours for me to use the restroom, we decided to split up our drive and stay in Thousand Oaks overnight.

We checked in late Monday night around 11pm and I found the room to be very outdated and had very obvious wear and tear. I walked into the bathroom and found pubic hair in the toilet and tub. It seemed obvious at this point that the housekeeping staff did a once over but didn't take the time to thoroughly clean the room in between guests. Since we were just staying overnight, I let it slide.

We got up in the morning, had breakfast and returned back to the room around 10:30 to pack up and get ready to hit the road again. My husband turned on the shower for my 8 year old son around 11:00am and about 5 minutes in, we hear him freaking out. We rush in and see that the tub spout had completely come off the plumbing (see attached photo.) After calming my son down, my husband tried to put the spout back on and it just shot off again.

At this point, I am FURIOUS. I've stayed in lots of rooms before where things may not work - outlets, lights, weak faucets, etc. But I have NEVER stayed in a room where the plumbing has shot off and completely broken in the middle of a shower. I called down to the front desk to ask for a partial refund. Since we were only 45 minutes away from checkout time (12:00pm) and we were trying to hit the road, it didn't make sense for engineering to come up to the room to tell us they can't fix it or for them to try and move us to another room. We still had a long drive ahead and I was just willing to suck it up and wait to take a shower at home.

The front desk took my name and said they couldn't do anything but their manager, Daniel, would call me back. I took her word for it and we decided to just hit the road. Three hours later, I still have not heard back from the hotel. So I called and asked for Daniel and ended up speaking with Cody. Cody informs me that Daniel is actually off and won't be back until Tuesday afternoon. Cody then tells me that he's the front desk supervisor and offered his help. I explained the situation to him and he mentioned that they have other managers on duty but since Daniel is the front desk manager, I need to wait for him to come back to issue a refund since we booked through a third party. Cody then told me to call Expedia and ask for the partial refund and he would approve the request.

I immediately called Expedia and told them the situation at the hotel and asked them to call for the partial refund. After holding for a few minutes, the rep from Expedia came back on and told me that the reservation manager, Michael, would not approve anything because we didn't let them come look at the room. Two things - 1. Where was Michael when I needed to speak to a manager to begin with? 2. What's the point of having engineering come out to look when we were checking out in 45 minutes?!

I asked the rep to call back and speak to Cody. She called again and still got Michael and still got the same response so I asked for her supervisor and requested for him to make sure he spoke to Cody. He finally got Cody on the phone and told me that Cody now had to wait for his front desk manager, Daniel, to come back into the office and call me back.

It's now Thursday, two whole days after I checked out, and I still have yet to hear from Daniel or anyone at this property.

I WOULD NEVER STAY HERE OR EVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO STAY HERE EVER. This was definitely the worst hotel and worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Katrina L

Dear Katrina,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor,
We apologize for the experience you had while staying with us. It was certainly not our intention to upset you. There are several steps in our process to assess damage in a room to determine the cause, and the best way for us to address, fix, and reconcile the problem.

When the call was made, we did request maintenance be allowed to enter the room to look at the plumbing and see how it was possible the tub spout came off. When our request was denied, we unfortunately had to wait until checkout. My position here requires me to perform duties off property, and at the time this happened I was off property. We did attempt to reach out the following day, but received a voicemail. So please, at your convenience, contact us as our General Manager would like to make sure this is handled to your satisfaction.
We again apologize for your experience, have a wonderful day.