All reviewsfront desksofa bedwatch tvwalking distanceparking lotfreeway closeone night staycomfortable stayexcellent customer servicethe staff was friendly and helpfulfitness centervery nice hotelexcellent staycomplimentary breakfastnewbury parkyogurtmarriott
Reviewed 25 July 2018

I was quite surprised at the modern/updated furniture in my room. I had a king bed with a sofa. You could watch tv from the sofa or the bed. I liked being able to login to hulu or netflix from the tv. The bathroom was the least modern part, but no complaints. The shower head had good pressure and there was enough room to move around in there. I used the weight room/workout room. It had two treadmills, a bike, and an elliptical machine plus a weight bench. It worked for me. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Nancy H, General Manager at Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are glad you found everything to be well equipped and took the time to relax, as well as stay healthy! We wish you well and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Came to the West Coast for a last minute trip and booked a night here. The staff was very friendly, the kids loved the pool and we got a restful night of sleep after a very stressful day.
They have TVs in the café booths downstairs which the kids loved.
We had a small issue with our room but it was taken care of by the staff.
Overall a great stay!
We will definitely come back on our West Coast trip.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Nancy H, General Manager at Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

We are so pleased that you had an excellent stay and the kids loved the pool! We've shared your kind comments with the staff and thank you for sharing the experience!

Reviewed 13 July 2018

Marriott came through with flying colors once again for our gathering of family and friends for our annual golf tournament. We were greeted by friendly and accommodating staff, enjoyed breakfast in the bistro, and were very pleased with the size of the rooms, as well as the furnishings and cleanliness. As for our group, we didn't have a single complaint. The management was well-organized and communicated well. The hotel is within a block of drug stores, coffee houses, etc., and walking distance to a couple fantastic restaurants. Another thing I appreciated is that when we hung our towels so that we could participate in conserving water usage, the housekeeping staff actually left our towels as is!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Nancy H, General Manager at Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We are so pleased to be a part of a successful gathering of family and friends! We hope to welcome you all again in the future!

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I have stayed at this hotel on and off for the past 4 years with business and attending California Lutheran Baseball. I have always been welcomed and accommodated, remembering my name and knowing my simple request.
I had an issue on my last visit by a new front desk person, which really surprised me. I ended up calling a few days later and asked to speak to the manager. He remembered who I was over the phone and apologized over and over again, knowing how many years I have been staying there. He was very professional and listened to everything that happened.
This is rare to have such great management & professionalism. I will be staying there again !

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Nancy H, General Manager at Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thank you so much for being a loyal guest! We genuinely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your positive feedback means so much and brought such a lovely smile to Rateb's face. We take great pride in caring about our guest and we are grateful that we had the chance to make it right! Thank you again and we forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I spent a weekend here while visiting family and found the hotel to be a Courtyard but above the typical standard. But as always there are niggles that detract from being a great property. The room was on the small side and the right hand side of the bed (as you faced it) was literally less than a foot away from the wall, getting in and out of bed was less than easy and sitting on the edge to dress a do undress was impossible. The bathroom was reasonably sized but the soap had to hold the record for the world's smallest tablet and the shampoo and the conditioner world records for the world's smallest bottles - not adequate for two people for one night. Otherwise the room was clean, the bed comfortable, the small coach provided adequate searing for two (so often the is just one lounge chair). No stopper in the bathroom vanity sink assures less risk of water damage but does little for water or energy conversation. Housekeeping had not visited the room from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. to clean it, but the front desk clerk was 'Johnny on the spot' in getting the issues resolved. As the headline says: the good and the niggles!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Nancy H, General Manager at Courtyard Thousand Oaks Ventura County, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Guest satisfaction is a top priority with our team and we strive to meet all guests' expectations. We genuinely regret that we didn't satisfy your preferences. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we wish you well in your future travels.