“Great food and entertaining at the same time. Good for all ages”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2018

The food is really tasty. I love that it is simple, healthy, and yet full of flavor. Soup and salad before your meal. No dainty dishes here, they fill your plate. I've been bringing my kids since they were toddlers. When they were young, they loved the soup. The waitress even dropped off ice chips for the little ones so their soup wouldn't be too hot. Now my kids are 9 and 12 and they still love it. It is fun to watch your chef prepare the food. For those who don't like the chef cooking in front of you, the second half of the restaurant is a sushi bar. Something for everyone. On that note, they also serve beer and wine. Great atmosphere, nice staff, great food, go today!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We visited on a Monday recently with family that live in the area. It was pretty crowded even for a Monday but hey that is SoCal, right?

We did the Hibachi and the chef cooking for us was great. Entertaining for the whole family and our little ones. The food was delicious and well prepared.

The only complaint I have was with our primary waitress. She was on the younger side and was really not that friendly. I understand if she was having a long day, we all experience that in our work lives.

However, I felt she was pretty rude to my 10 year old daughter. My daughter wanted the Korean BBQ sauce option with her beef order but forgot when she placed the order. She caught herself within 10 seconds but the waitress seemed very annoyed she had to correct the order. She said something along the lines of 'you need to tell me when you place the order or it's confusing for me'. This was at my 10 year old who we have taught to always be polite and say please and thank you, not some spoiled over the top brat.

I let that go but it was still disappointing for me to witness against my child.

I still recommend this place for the food but just know the service might be hit or miss.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 6 February 2017

Went for lunch on Saturday to celebrate a friends birthday. The food was fresh and delicious! It was fun watching the chefs cook and put on such a show.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 10 December 2016

I have been a regular customer of Cho Cho San for over twenty years. The quality and variety of their menu is amazing. I love sushi and it is a regular part of my dining experience. Cho Cho San is the standard that I compare all other sushi restaurants to, and so far, it has always come out on top. It is a "must-visit" for me whenever I am in Ventura County. Don't miss the hamachi kama (yellowtail collar) when it is available - it is a real treat!

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 8 November 2016

i really liked this place, very croud. liked the beer. and the rolls are amazing. we went with kids and they give candy and gifts to kids. vey nice

Date of visit: October 2016