“First room, and second room where HORRIBLE; third room was nice but we didn't sleep the first night at all.”

Inn and Spa at Loretto
Ranked #23 of 60 Hotels in Santa Fe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The hotel is beautiful, it is a shame that they do not pay attention to the most basic of details on their guest rooms. The first room that we were put in smelled like camp fire. We called the front desk and voiced our concern. We were told that the smell would disapate by the evening if we would leave the window open. By 1am it was so bad that my son had an asthma attack and I had a migraine. We finally insisted on switching rooms at 2am. We were then put in a room with a nonfunctional AC, the room was so hot that I was unable to sleep. As if that was not enough the bathroom had beetle bugs in it and the mattress was less comfortable than the floor. The next morning we called and had to insist that they change our room. They provided us with a free breakfast but it hardly made up for the inconvience and horrible experience we suffered through the first night.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Aaberger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This property is wonderful! The staff is very courteous and friendly. The room was lovely and the restaurants were delicious.
The property is in walking distance to many shops and restaurants. I would highly recommend staying at the Inn and Spa at Loretto.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank SLB0517
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 March 2012

My travel partner was adorably curled up near the headboard of the enticingly elegant and comfortable expanse that passes for a bed at the Inn and Spa at Loretto in Santa Fe. Her legs folded under her, the pillows strewn all about, she was draped in one of the lush robes The Inn provides its guests, and casually turning the pages of the city’s “Pasatiempo,” a weekly of high regard that covers the broad array of art, books, culture, concerts, events, and openings.

We were in town for an indie premier produced and directed by one of my friends.

I was just out of the shower, and like her, in a robe, toweling my hair dry while flipping through the channels of the large LCD in a niche on the wall above the fireplace. The Inn had put us in one of their stylish Junior Suites, which “suited” us fine, with a plenty of room, two sinks in the bath, and two comfortable leather chairs placed in alignment with the TV, just above the stylishly faux fireplace. (Switch off the room lights, and set a match to the “candles” in the fireplace to enhance the romantic mood.)

I crossed the room, the thick colorful carpet underfoot. Pushing the drapes away from the patio doors, I saw the afternoon sun was bathing our personal patio in light an artist could admire. I stepped out, and felt it’s warmth on my face, a very slight March breeze freshening things up.

I called back into the room suggesting that we had time for a glass of wine on the patio before we head out. Thinking that it might be too cold for that, she countered with a recommendation of champagne in the room. I knew that would keep us in our luxurious suite long enough to prevent us making the premier.

When I returned to the room she was cuddling one of The Inn’s plush toy black bears and asked if she and the bear were going to get fed.

I told her that I had made reservations at Luminaria, the warm, friendly restaurant in the hotel with a great menu. That made her happy enough to ask for the champagne again.

We never made it to the premier.

The Inn and Spa at Loretto: for the romantic in everyone.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank TYounis
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is a nice hotel located right in the center of Santa Fe, only about a block from the Plaza. I think the building is older but the rooms appear to have been updated in recent years - they're comfortable and nicely decorated. The walls are thin so I did hear a lot of noise from the hallway and neighboring rooms, so bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper. Bathrooms are a bit small and don't really have counter space but are fine for a short stay.

The staff here was very friendly but not overly attentive. The bar area & fireplace is is a great, cozy spot to sit for a drink but our service on a Saturday night was not too great - I think there was one waitress for the entire bar area. One other complaint is about late checkout. The staff was nice enough to allow one for me, but apparently their room keys are set to lock you out at the normal checkout time, so we got locked out and had to get another key.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank aw511
shuber, General Manager at Inn and Spa at Loretto, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding the Inn and Spa at Loretto, we really appreciated the time and consideration you put into this review. Also, thank you for highlighting the Living Room and the comfort it conveys while dining there. With that said, I am incredibly sorry for the few issues you encountered while staying with us, please contact me so I can apologize to you.

I hope you choose to stay at the Inn again during your next visit to Santa Fe.

Stefan Huber
Colorado
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Very nice people working there.
Be sure to check out the Loretta Chapel & the miraculous stairs. Junior Suite was great size. TOlietries stink- terrible!!!

Luminaria- great service ask for Jay!
Food was good not fab!