We did a Groupon thing and got 4 nights for the price of 2 in a "Kiva suite" which was on the back side of the hotel and easily the biggest room I have ever seen in a hotel. It had a small "kitchen" which was a fridge, sink and microwave. The fireplace was a Kiva style (Beehive basically) and the staff comes to light it for you, and we just had enough wood to get through a surprisingly cold night. The bed was a sleep number bed so that was cool in that we could get as comfortable as we wanted in it. The room was clean and as I said huge and for $75 a night on the deal we got more than worth it. So that's why 4 stars
The hotel has a shuttle that will take you into town but it only runs every hour and quits at 9pm, so we didn't use it. The wireless internet is a joke, it seems to work ok in the main lodge but it's virtually non-existent in the room we were in. The hotel desk told us that rooms in the "400's" always seem to have a problem with slow (really how about it doesn't work at all) internet service, they are "working on it".
We were tired the night we got in and decided to just eat in the restaurant there, maybe we should have guessed as to the quality of the food when it was 7pm and there were only 3 other parties there, but we chalked that up to being a Thursday night off season.
We should have gone with our gut, the food was marginal, at best, the best I can say is the chips were good. The sopiapillas that were supposed to be included were being "made fresh" according to our waitress and never came, no one offered to discount the bill either. The red sauce that was with the chips was their "special sauce" and one I never want to try again. I east Mexican and New Mexican all the time, I have no idea what that sauce was but it was super hot and that was all no flavor to it.
The staff was ok, but given that our waitress had as most 2 tables she could have checked on us more than once. I had a beef & potato burrito, which was pretty tasteless, it was just some beef and some potato stuffed in a tortilla, no sauces inside, really bland.
My companion had the Blue Corn Enchilada plate and her reaction was much the same as mine "eh" I could have had this meal as a frozen entry that I microwaved and had more flavor.
All in all the "value" that we got in the room and the staff at the front desk (Devin) is the reason for the 4 stars, the internet and restaurant would make it 2. I can't say enough about the front desk staff, helpful, friendly, understanding, that was an all around great experience.
I doubt we would stay here again, there were plenty of hotels with better locations (as in right in town) that were yes more expensive but I would try then when we come back. This place is pet and kid friendly we know, we had a little yappy dog next door and kids running around up above for 2 nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Santa Fe is fully decorated to celebrate the wonder and awe of the Southwest’s most notable city. Located just five minutes to the Santa Fe plaza and historic attractions, the Lodge at Santa Fe is a unique hotel with cultural style. Gardunos restaurant onsite serves fresh 'New Mexican' cuisine, and our guests enjoy hand crafted furniture and breathtaking architecture. Beautiful stone flooring, Native American weavings patterns and weavings, and spacious suites with Kiva fireplaces are all part of the experience. The Lodge at Santa Fe has a complimentary shuttle to the historic Santa Fe plaza, plus free WiFi and parking. Experience the magic of Santa Fe when you book your visit at The Lodge at Santa Fe. "Hotels supporting cultural causes." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lodge at Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- Hotel Santa Fe
- Lodge Santa Fe
- The Lodge At Santa Fe New Mexico