All reviews full kitchen murphy bed basketball court apartment complex trader joes living room your luggage laundry room first floor hot breakfast social hour nice pool oatmeal museum hill no elevator rooms are large rental car
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We spent a few months at this hotel, therefore we can give quite an extensive review. The place is very outdated and is in desperate need of a remodel. The carpet in the room looked old and had a smell to it. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and had some wood boards between the matress and the base of the bed (not sure why they were there) but they kept moving out of place and sticking out. So, while walking to bed at night in the dark I banged my knees on them quite a few times. All of the furniture is also very worn out and in need of replacement.

After a few weeks at the hotel it was easy to notice that housekeeping was not being done well. The trash on the carpets started accumulating because vacuming wasn't being done and the toilet was being cleaned every 3 or 4 days which in my opinion is unacceptable. The boiling point was when we began to notice that 3 out of the 4 towels we got everyday had huge yellow stains on them. On one occassion we even received a towel with a huge whole in the middle! This happened for about a week o so, then the problem was apparently fixed because we began to receive clean towels again.

The only positive note I have on this hotel is that the pool and garden area around the pool are very nice and probably the only part of the hotel that is in good condition. I would not stay here again and would deffinitly not recomend it until they do a complete overhall of the place!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank NayaSantaFe
Kate L, General Manager at Residence Inn Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

NayaSantaFe,

Please accept my apology for any problems you experience during your stay. We pride ourselves on being a wonderful home away from home for people on projects or in need of temporary housing. I am truly sorry your stay was anything less than excellent. I have shared your comments with the housekeeping and maintenance teams so the issues you mentioned can be addressed and corrected.

Again, my sincere apology on behalf of the entire team.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

When we travel we usually stay at a Residence Inn, or the like. So far, this Residence Inn is by far, the worst we have stayed at.

The property is older and outdated. The walkways are barely wide enough to get luggage through.

When we entered the room, in was dark, and had an odd odor.

Going into the bathroom for the first time, my wife found a used bath towel on the back of the bathroom door. Disgusting!

I went to the front desk and asked for another room. I was told that they were booked up. Odd since they had a customer walk in ahead of me, without a reservation and was given a room.

I said that if we could not get a different room, I would like to receive a discount on my rate, which is $169+tax, not exactly cheap. The employee said that she would let the manager, David, know and assured me that he would be in contact. Two days later, not a word from David.

Last night, around 10pm, some guests started to play basketball. Around 10:25pm I called the front desk and they said they would take care of it, right away. 11pm and basketball was still going. Unbelievable how rude people can be.

Compared to other Residence Inns the provided breakfast was lacking. Paper plates, no meat and overflowing garbage cans.

Needless to say, we will never stay at the Santa Fe Residence Inn ever again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2018

We again stayed at this Residence Inn for a few nights. Big rooms, older style. But I have a big complaint with Marriott's awful environmental policies - they use all plastic throwaway plastic plates, bowls, utensil at breakfast . Look at the new awareness of the damage from just plastic straws (Starbucks and Hyatt are banning them soon), Marriott can fix this. Look at Hyatt Place for a good example here!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank longtimeresident
Kate L, General Manager at Residence Inn Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

We love staying ats Residence Inns, and this one definitely doesn't change our opinion. It was comfortable and convenient. The staff was so friendly and helpful advice and directions. The only draw back to this one is that it has three levels and no elevator. But once you are inside the room, it's strictly comfy and convenient with everything you will need.

Stayed: June 2018
5  Thank Wjhib

We here at the Residence Inn Santa Fe appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

This was the third year we’ve stayed at this Residence Inn during our road trip to CO. The rooms are nice and what you’d expect at a Residence Inn. Our room this time hadn’t been cleaned quite like you’d expect. The dishes were still in the dishwasher from the precious guests (clean at least). And the coffee pot/ machine was dirty. The pool area was messy with nasty sticky stuff on the tables near the grill and they hadn’t replenished pool towels, so several guests had no towel. Even when it was reported, they didn’t bring any right away (I never saw them delivered). Breakfast was slim pickens. Not much available at 9:15 when I visited. A lot of bread items, limited fruit (only melon), no yogurt, but they did have scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy. Marriott has some work to do now that they sell the ‘free breakfast’. This wasn’t the same experience we’ve had the previous two years. It’s the little details that we always remember, and these little details were missing this trip.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

I'm so sorry that you were not satisfied this trip. . We try very hard to make every guest comfortable during their stay. I have addressed your issues with our staff. I do hope that on your return visit to Santa Fe, you will give us another try. Thank you for your feedback.