All reviews staab house starwood property six acres patio restaurant steam room beautiful resort main building valet service mile radius canyon road wood burning two blocks large bathroom new mexico free shuttle king bed an easy walk
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

We could not have been more pleased with our stay and the exemplary service from all staff!

La Posada is a beautiful, charming old mansion that has become a hotel. The buildings have been added on to and the property now covers six acres. My wonderful husband brought me here for my birthday and our stay could not have been more perfect!

When we called upon arrival Era was most kind in helping us navigate our truck and trailer to the property. Blake at front desk was very helpful, Richard head valet was unbelievable. We arrived after a long days drive in our truck pulling a cargo van and the hotel was beyond accommodating in helping us. Richard met us at the front and helped us to our room and then got in the hotels vehicle and personally escorted us to a nearby public parking lot where we could leave our truck and trailer overnight and easily maneuver in and out. Then the next morning as we walked into the office he called me by name. I was astonished and so impressed! Justin was also extremely helpful and kind to us throughout our stay.

We absolutely LOVED our room #119 with it’s kiva fireplace which we enjoyed immensely each night! The hotel maintains its 1880’s charm with modern updates - a perfect example of something done right!

The hotel has an impressive and extensive art collection. We unfortunately did not get to experience the spa this time but read that it was very highly rated. We loved our dinner in the dining room on Friday night to the Latin sounds of a wonderful female trio which really enhanced our dining experience. One suggestion tho - the lighting in the dining room is very bright and should definitively be dimmed during the dinner dining hour.

During our stay we ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the hotel and found both the service and the food to be of high quality. The lobby fireplace was lit for guests enjoyment each time we walked by. At times there would be a plate of cookies or a tray of s’more fixings temptingly set out. There are ample couches and chairs around the fireplace for your enjoyment. The fireplace in the restaurant was also always lit which was so pleasant. A real wood fireplace, not gas.

The hotels location just several walking blocks from the plaza could not have been better. One tip - if you happen to be there on a Saturday you can walk to the wonderful Farmers Market located at the train station. And if you’ve never been to Santa Fe before you absolutely must eat (B/L/or D) at Pasqual’s (tiny and crowded but definitely worth it!!!). It is the quintessential Santa Fe experience! The incredibly beautiful town cathedral is just several blocks away, and right across the street from the hotel is a lovely stone church.

Our only regret is that we could not stay longer. Thank you La Posada for a truly exquisite stay! We shall return!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank travelgirl93463
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Booked a 2 bedroom suite, when we arrived the room smelled a bit off and when checking the bathroom we spotted mold on the ceiling and in the shower. Called front desk, asked for different suite or for 2 separate rooms to make up for the 2BR-suite. Front desk staff said they would have to check. Got call back 10 minutes later to tell us they didn't have a suite, if they could show us a room with two double beds instead. Explained again that that wasn't an equitable exchange and asked for two separate rooms or otherwise we would request a refund and check out. Front desk person now said she would have to check with supervisor but that he is out for lunch and won't be reachable for another 15 minutes and she would call back. We waited at least 25 minutes and then went to front desk. Front desk person hadn't even informed anyone and disappeared for 5 minutes then said Manager was on his way but couldn't give me timing. Finally talked to manager who thankfully was very accommodating and well trained. He offered to buy us a drink while he would fix the situation. They gave us two separate large king rooms - unfortunately the upper room had mold in the bathroom again but at that point we were too tired to look for anything else and accepted because at least the room smelled decent. Manager took note and agreed that this is unacceptable. He offered to send champagne and snacks later and also reduced our initialy nightly rate by about $100. The manager was great; however, the front desk staff was untrained and unprepared to handle issues and the property has some serious issues that need to be looked at. For $500 / night for a 2-BR suite and a 4-star property one should be able to expect a much higher standard and a clean, mold-free bathroom!!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Resort38607861141
Joe K, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Tribute Portfolio Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for the feedback on your stay. I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced with your room and have had our housekeeping team deep clean both rooms. I am happy to hear that David was able to take care of the situation for you and adjust your rate appropriately.

I do hope you still had a wonderful tip to Santa Fe and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Joe

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

No platinum upgrade even there are rooms of higher categories available for sale. Had to ask for breakfast vouchers. Wifi is unusable for work. Housekeeping left cleaning supplies in the room. Request late check out but only granted for 1 pm. Will probably stay at a non-chain hotel next time in Santa Fe. The stay did not meet the expectations for business travel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank tlliu
Joe K, General Manager at La Posada de Santa Fe, a Tribute Portfolio Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Dear tlliu,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to get an upgrade and that you had issues with the Wi-Fi. We will be upgrading our Wi-Fi over the next few months to better service our guests. I apologize for the other issues you experienced and hope you will give us another try on your next trip to Santa Fe.

Joe

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this property for a few days. Steps away from the historic plaza, excellent amenities, spacious rooms and some of the friendliest staff. The best hotel to stay at in Santa Fe.I would stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank VictorW178
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

I recently contacted La Posada concierge Sara Williams. I wanted to surprise my mother who was a guest at the hotel celebrating her birthday. Sara was very attentive and thoughtful. My order was a small one but Sara was helpful, prompt in returning emails and easy to work with. Thank you Sara and team for helping make my mothers birthday a special occasion! I’ll update this post once I hear back from my mom on her birthday surprise!

Trip type: Travelled with family