1,578 results
All reviews whole foods free shuttle farmers market hard boiled eggs waffles small pool walking distance shuttle service free breakfast rail yard railyard district plaza area close to downtown breakfast room parking fee cerrillos road parking lot
Reviewed 28 October 2018

I found this hotel on line literally as I was driving across country on I10.
It looked cute on line so I booked it through booking.com
As I made my way, it became obvious to me that I wouldn’t reach the destination on time so I called to cancel my reservation. The gentleman on the phone said that sage inn would return the $124 I had put on my card. (Mind you, this was a Tuesday night and there was ample vacancy)
Booking did try to refund my money but said it was up to the hotel. They refused. So not only was I lied to by their representative but they charged me the full amount!
Pretty disgusting considering that they didn’t incur any costs and I wasn’t even a no show, I called them. I recommend spending your money elsewhere in Santa Fe. Unless you’re into rewarding duplicitous takers unwilling to work with an honest gal doing her best to treat people right

Room tip: Go somewhere else and do not give them your credit card info!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
11  Thank klkick
PhilL2050, General Manager at Santa Fe Sage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear klkick,

I am reaching out today because we had another guest that said the same thing and we found that it was the 3rd party that had kept the money and we had not charged any penalty. If you would please reach out to me at 505-982-5952 or phil@santafesageinn.com, I would like to check the reservation and help however I can to fix the situation. It may be that we refunded the deposit, but it takes 5-7 business days to clear your credit card company. I truly cannot tell you until I have the name on the reservation.

Best Regards,
Phil Lopez

Reviewed 26 October 2018

Things have recently gone downhill at this motel. We used to put up with their outdated small rooms because their rates were reasonable. But when we stayed there last time, their rate had gone sky high. And it wasn't a special event weekend.
There was a new fee that the hotel booking website called a 'resort fee'. The Santa Fe Sage Inn is now a motel with a resort fee- HA!
So we won't stay at this motel again. And sadly as much as we love Santa Fe with it's great restaurants and adobe style architecture, we'll switch to visiting our second favorite place, New Orleans, where the hotel rates at the French Quarter are now more reasonable than at Santa Fe. We'll miss Santa Fe though. Too sad.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
13  Thank PalsOnTheRoad
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Well-run downtown motel with pleasant, helpful management. Breakfast included with Southwest touches. Few frills but everything a traveler would want. Active entertainment center. When I needed to stay an extra day, despite its being a Saturday, they found me a space and I didn't have to leave my room.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
PhilL2050, General Manager at Santa Fe Sage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear David Y,

Thank you for your kind review! I am glad that we were able to extend your stay without the room move! We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 23 October 2018

This place is terrible. When they take a shower above you, you have to double the sound on the TV as the shower is that loud. You can hear every foot step in the room above you. Then when you checkout they charge another $15 as an Xperience Xclusive fee. What ever that is. I know what it is. It is a rip off and false advertising. Basically there prices are actually $15 higher than they show on the site. Not a relaxing place at all. Terrible and will never be back. The comfort inn would have been better.

Room tip: Don't get any rooms as this super noisy hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
12  Thank John W

Dear John W,

I am sorry that we did not meet up to your expectations.

The Xperience Xclusive fee is a nightly fee that covers the following amenities:

• Fresh Hot Buffet Breakfast from 7am-10am daily.
• Shuttle Service to the Santa Fe Plaza, from 9am-8pm daily.
• High Speed Wireless Internet is available in all rooms and public areas.
• Handheld tablets in all guestrooms serving as an e-concierge and with streaming abilities for Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc.
• Local telephone calls.
• Use of the Business Center, including free photocopies, sending and receiving faxes within the USA.
• Parking in our ample lot.
• Use of the Swimming Pool 7am to 9pm daily. Pool dates are seasonal.
• Use of the Fitness Center 24hrs.
• Coffee and tea are available throughout the day in the Dining Room/Lobby.
• 15% off all dining (lunch + dinner) at SOCIAL Kitchen + Bar.

We disclose our Xperience Xclusive fee if booked directly with the hotel, and if you book online depending on the site it may be listed as a resort fee. We are currently working on renovation plans to hopefully help with the noise from rooms above. We do want to be a place of relaxation for our guests.

Best regards

Reviewed 22 October 2018

The staff was very welcoming, we had a brief stay. The beds were comfortable and room was clean. Space was limited between bed and dresser with little space to maneuver. Hot Breakfast included was delicious. Offer shuttle to downtown which is convenient with little parking available in town.

Room tip: Motel style accommodations.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Carol F,

Thank you for your kind review! I am glad that you enjoyed some of our recent upgrades, the mattresses are new as well as the hot breakfast. We are working on plans for new furniture in the sleeping rooms to afford more space to move around. We look forward to your next stay with us, I believe that you will be pleasantly surprised.