“Delicious chile and flan”
Review of Estevan

Estevan
Reserve with OpenTable
Estevan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #122 of 607 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Estevan's has delicious, simple food. The best goat milk flan you've ever had, and ask for sopapillas.

8  Thank isabellavns2

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Second floor restaurant attached to Hotel de Chemayo open for lunch and dinner only and Sunday brunch. Food beautifully prepared with both SW and traditional options. Appetizer of mushroom stuffed chille was amazing. Chef Estevan was visible and available to guests.

8  Thank ResultsInc
Reviewed 25 May 2017

We really liked the look of the place and were led to a table upstairs just inside the doors to the balcony seating. A wonderful setting with perfect ambiance. It was comfortably busy but not crowded. Service was a bit unpolished and sluggish but not bad. Our waiter seemed a little flustered with beaded sweat on his brow and anxious expression. When we asked about items on the menu and what he would suggest between two appetizer items, he said I don't know, it's up to you but then recanted and said the salmon. When I ordered a glass of white wine he fretfully said "what kind?" I should have said sauvignon blanc right off! It was very good by the way. My husband settled on the enchiladas, beans and calabacitas and the Bavik Belgian Lager. When his entree came, it brought to mind a cow patty as all the items were soupily run together to the ends of the plate but my husband liked it. He said the beer was ok. I had an appetizer as dinner, a smoked salmon with toast points which I asked if it was cooked and was told it was but it was actually raw which was still ok with me. It had fat strings or connective tissue so that when I bit into I could not cut apart in spite of grinding with my best incisors and was a bit mortified when finally thinking I had it, the whole piece dangled from my mouth. OMG... Determined to eat this dish, I kept trying thinking it must just be that one piece but it wasn't. I gave up halfway through. The toast points were not toasted really, just sort of heated to a firmness. Presented on the plate with the salmon was a spoonful of mashed slimy red onions, sour cream dollop, spoon of capers and a lemon wedge. It looked unappetizing and did not taste good at all. We're not picky, although it may sound like it in this review. We were just a tad bit underwhelmed. Other than that, we loved the atmosphere, ambiance, perfect location and friendly chef or owner who was standing just inside as we came up the stairs and we liked our table location that was perfect for us. I would like to try it again.

2  Thank F5521PSdonnad
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Tha location is superb...upstairs to a beautiful rustic restaurant..lovely ambience. Nice wine list..and in addition to the regular menu there were several specials. From appetizer to dessert everything was delicious, the pace of service was perfect and the waiter was attentive. Could not have asked for a nicer evening. Luckily we are local...will absolutely be back!

5  Thank cegroh
Reviewed 30 April 2017

The food was outstanding, we loved the trout and sea bass. The service was great. Estevan I troduced himself to us. We will definitely teturn.

5  Thank kaywerpy

Been to Estevan? Share your experiences!