All reviews canyon road kiva fireplace return to santa fe other guests location was perfect cottage carolyn brady plaza roomy firewood
Reviewed 14 December 2015

My wife and I spent three nights in the Pinyon vacation rental, the pictures do not do it justice. From the pictures, I imagined that it might be a little tight, but there were only two of us, so it shouldn't be a big deal. It was NOT small. It's so hard to put into words how nice and comfortable it was for us. Lots of light given to the main living area from lots of south-facing windows and a very nice (but narrow) deck out back with a great view. The Pinyon is attached to the Juniper, so if both sets of guests have large vehicles or any set has more than one vehicle, parking will be difficult. We needed to be careful setting the heat (it was early December), certainly in the bedroom, because it would quickly become stuffy. The kitchen (more than) suited our needs, although we ate out during all of our stay, but it was nice that it was available. The furniture was extremely comfortable. All-in-all, it was an excellent place to stay, and we would be glad to stay here again.

Room Tip: recommend the vacation rental
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank asacan
Reviewed 23 September 2015

We just loved our stay at Alexander's Inn...so authentic and quiet. The perfect calm.

Carolyn and the whole staff are welcoming and accommodating. It felt more like staying with friends than anything else. And the breakfasts and happy hours are an absolute treat.

Sante Fe is a gorgeous city with so much to offer and we will definitely be back! Since we did the summer visit this time, perhaps it is time for a winter visit...?

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2015

I spent a heavenly week in the Casita, located an easy walk or drive from Hacienda Nicholas, where a sumptuous included breakfast is served every morning, and wine & cheese every evening. Breakfast was different every day & always delicious. Carolyn the owner was present every morning, greeting guests by name and offering her assistance in helping them enjoy their stay in Santa Fe. Any little issues that arose were met with her immediate concern and attention. Carolyn is one-of-a-kind, and made everyone feel special. So did every other member of the staff.

The Casita - what a wonderful place to spend the week! Located on a very quiet little road in a residential area, it was the epitome of Santa Fe bliss. It has a small patio behind a tall coyote fence with 2 chairs & a table, where I enjoyed dinner a couple of nights. Downstairs, the living room was well appointed with 2 comfortable leather arm chairs, a leather ottoman, armoire with TV inside, & 2 tables. I used one for dining, the other for my laptop while I worked on photo editing. It's not a desk, but it worked fine for me. There's also a working kiva fireplace with hearth, and 2 windows that open. The kitchenette along one wall was so nice to have; there's a microwave & cooktop. The refrigerator is larger than the type you find in hotels, so I could chill wine, bottled drinks, cheese, fruit, a couple of meals from Whole Foods, & ice cream in the freezer. There were utensils, knives, dishes, a few basic pots & pans. Best of all, a coffee maker, grinder, and a jar full of fresh high-quality coffee beans!

The bathroom was great, little cubbies in the wall for your stuff, nice shower & tub, fluffy towels & robes. There's also a closet downstairs to hang your jackets or other outer clothing, in case you don't want to keep it all upstairs. And don't let the spiral stairs freak you out! They're sturdy and fun!

Upstairs is a big bedroom with 4 windows that open into the trees. I left them open at night and woke to fresh air and bird song in the morning! The king bed was delicious, there's a big armoire, desk & dresser ample enough to hold anything you might want to store there. Good lighting throughout the unit. What else can I say? I'll be back!

Room Tip: Choose the Casita for the ultimate in privacy, easy access to the Plaza, cozy comfort and true Santa Fe ambiance.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2015

We really liked that our allergies were not effected by our stay! The eco-friendly accommodation at the Casita was just what we desired. The location was peaceful, quiet and restful, allowing for time to read and write. We were very close to the Plaza and Canyon Road for access to Santa Fe's best restaurants and galleries. Breakfast was absolutely wonderful! The courtyard at Hacienda Nicholas was charming and comfortable. Carolyn and her staff made us feel welcome from the very beginning to the very end.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2015

The Piñon was a delightful and charming place to stay during our time in Santa Fe. Just outside the square it offers lovely views of the mountains. Housekeeping was included and very much appreciated. Thank you to the owner who was most gracious and helpful!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family