All reviews dog park road noise big rigs travel trailer bathroom shower facilities cement pads permanent residents stay there again enjoyed our stay gravel walmart laundry fido downtown laundromat wifi pet
Reviewed 13 August 2016

We stayed at Trailer Ranch RV Park this summer. It was a very nice facility. Clean restrooms, heated pool. The staff was outstanding provided great directions, parking assistance things to do. Tom and Theresa were very helpful! There is a bus stop right out front to take you downtown if you don't want to drive.

Call first for directions or your GPS will have you do a u-turn which is not easly hauling a trailer.

Room tip: This is a review for a 55 and up RV park.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank psiskar
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Boy do I have a review for you!!! If I can prevent one person from making the same mistake we did by staying in this place, I will consider this review a success.

First things first. this place advertises that they are “dog friendly” yet, posted at every single grassy spot on the property are “please keep dogs off of grass” signs. they have a dedicated, fenced in dog walk you say?? yea right! It’s a completely barren area, reminiscent of a scene from the walking dead. A post apocalyptic cesspool of thorny plants and burrs. I felt like I had just stepped into an alternate universe, immediately after a nuclear holocaust. One of our dogs got a bur in his pad while doing business.

Noisy!! this place backs up to the “main drag” that runs thru town. Sirens going off at all hours. Apparently it’s hip and cool to own a car that sounds like an angry bumble bee in Santa Fe, and one drives by about every 10 or 15 min. What’s that you say? you want a wake up call? hope you need it set for 5am, because thats when the recycling truck rolls thru and dumps all the trash cans full of glass bottles. nope, thats not someone running into a tree on the street, thats the recycling truck!

Don’t be late! no checking in any later than 5:30pm. This has got to be the weirdest rule I have ever heard. who does this rule benefit other than the people running the office? the place is noisy no matter what time of day it is. we had to pack up camp at the stop previous to this one at the butt crack of dawn to make sure we didn't have to squat in a Walmart parking lot for the night because we missed the check in time. kiss that reservation money goodbye too. are you familiar with the term “theft”?

To expand on the previous observation. upon our arrival, we were placed in two spots, one of which had absolutely no shade. We had requested spaces with shade, and when we mentioned this to the staff in the office, their recommendation to us was to find somewhere else to stay!! they had absolutely no interest in offering some sort of alternative space or solution to the issue. now that’s some stellar hospitality if you ask me.

Vagrants galore!! we had one sneak up behind our RV in our camp site with a baby in a stroller, and some sob story of how her car broke down and she had to sleep in it last night. It was a little unsettling to us because she was very persistent and wouldn't leave. What part of “we don't want whatever it is you’re selling” don’t you understand lady? there were signs posted, “no soliciting or panhandling” but nothing was enforced.

Children, We didn't have any, but I don't really understand the hatred for the little ones. this place doesn't allow anyone under the age of 21 to stay overnight. Success!!!! what did you succeed at you might ask? you made sure that the only people staying here are a whole bunch of grumpy old farts!!! cars drove by all the time, not a single wave was given…. I swear I saw Walter Matthau drive by, with a sour pus face on.

Please, I’m begging you, Don’t make the same mistake we did, and believe any of the false promises these people spew. spend your hard earned money elsewhere!!

Date of stay: August 2016
6  Thank Jimmy W
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Trailer Ranch is. Relatively small RV resort about 5 miles from the Santa Fe Plaza. It is exceptionally well maintained, with adequately sized spaces and lots of mature trees to provide shade. While many people choose to stay for just one or two nights, there are several who are here for months at a time. The atmosphere is much like a small town; the owners and the office staff are extremely helpful and friendly.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank KFM9275
Reviewed 26 July 2016

The location was good even though it is not downtown. There was some road construction on I25 and in town which made it difficult to navigate with a travel trailer. The staff was very nice and willing to help. They helped my husband back into a spot which was fabulous. They even lent us a cable cord since we did not have one. The bathrooms were very clean. The only bad thing I have to say about this place is ......the grass. My dog who loves grass was not allowed on the grass. The doggy area was a small dirt place. They did have a larger dog park in the back but be prepared to walk across gravel and asphalt to get there and it is mostly dirt too. We enjoyed our two night stay and will stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank SIPJNJ2016
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed just one night on our way to Pagosa Springs. There are quite a few pros and cons. Pro - we get a call to remind us of our reservation the day of. Con - on the call we are informed of there very strict 5:30pm check in time. If we aren't there by 5:30, well then we forfeit our money paid and can't stay there. Apparently the information about the check in time was in the email confirmation but my husband and I never opened the email. Oops. So we rushed like crazy from El Paso to make the strict deadline. Not fun. The 5:30 check in time seems absurd...no other park we've been to does that. The park is very nice, very clean and very well maintained. The sites in the middle seemed pretty small and on top of each other but the sites around the edge were larger. We lucked out and got an edge site that was in a corner so we had a nice big space. There are two areas for dogs. A gravel area near the front by the dumpsters that is just a tiny, small area for Fido to potty. All the way in the back (way in the back) they have a very large, fenced in area for dogs to run and play. It's the southwest so don't expect grass. It's dirt and weeds and some trees and that's it. But my dog was happy to have a huge area to play fetch. So back to some cons. We were informed when we checked in that check out time was a strict 11:00am. The next morning at 10:20am I was outside unhooking and a gentleman comes by and says "you know you are due to check out" and as I'm unhooking the water say "yes, we are unhooking now". While he was very polite it seemed quite ridiculous that 40 minutes prior to us needing to leave we were being rushed out of there while we were unhooking. Do I recommend the place? Well...I wouldn't stay there again. It was nice but too darn inflexible with all these check in and out times. If we head that way again, we'll stay at the KOA. If you can live with the rules then it's a very nice place that is very convenient to everything.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple