“Absolutely Delicious!!”

Jambo Cafe
Ranked #4 of 578 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: African, Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: African and Caribbean dishes and specialties from award-winning Chef Ahmed Obo. Jambo Cafe specializes in new combinations of traditional dishes with a decidedly spicy flair. Winner of many awards, "Best Soup" for the Souperbowl 4 years running and "Best International Cuisine" in the Santa Fe Reporter for 5 years. We serve vegetarian and seafood options alongside our chicken, beef, lamb, and goat dishes. Locating in College Plaza near corner of St. Michaels Drive and Cerrillos Road. Plenty of parking.
Reviewed 23 June 2017

We were on vacation and decided to try Cafe Jambo due to the unique African/Caribbean fusion. It did not disappoint! All four of us got different meals and we all loved them. Food was amazing, the Roti was delicious. Everything we tried was top notch!

We also hopped next door to the store and bought some spices. The owner was there and he signed my cookbook and chatted with us about his journey and the food. The staff at the restaurant & store were super friendly.

This is a Santa Fe must!

3  Thank Gameplayer71
Write a ReviewReviews (1,240)

Reviewed 21 June 2017

The lamb stew is excellent. But so are the other dishes I've tried. If you're a meat lover and haven't had goat, this is the place to try it. Family enjoyed the Jamaican jerk chicken.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

A friend told me about this restaurant in an unlikely location--in a shopping mall on Cerillos. That was several years ago, and I love to eat there when I'm in SF (and sometimes I go just to eat there!)

The food is excellent. All the jerk dishes are done to perfection, and I love the goat too! I'm also not a huge plantain fan--they have to be really good for me to like them, and I love them at Jambo Cafe. Nice and crisp/tender and spiced to perfection, as is everything. Portions are huge--I usually take half home with me. They also have some great drinks: a nice spiced hibiscus tea, and ginger lemonade and more! Prices are also quite reasonable. And they have an African import store next door, which besides the usual stuff, also has spices!

I'm delighted that they have opened a restaurant in Albuquerque now, which means I don't have quite so far to go when I want some of their delicious food!

4  Thank cuervosueno
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

We visited on a busy Friday evening for a birthday dinner with friends. The plantains were incredible as was the combo platter and other dishes. We also had a great waiter that was engaging, funny and efficient. We will definitely return!!!

John
Santa Fe, NM

2  Thank jocko68wny
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

The Best food in Santa Fe by far. Easy to find. Parking is not a issue. Staff was very nice. Consider calling ahead they are busy. Nice choice of food options. The peanut chicken stew is the best. My dinner for six with drinks, dessert was half price of my dinner in old town (was one of TA top 10) and 100% better.

5  Thank Mark H