“Early days...but already an enjoyable "experience"”
Review of Taco Fundacion

Taco Fundacion
Ranked #155 of 610 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Reviewed 17 July 2017

It's great to see this restaurant adding to the VERY casual, but tasty, food dining scene in Santa Fe. It's the opposite of fancy, but it's a fun place to enjoy simple but very tasty authentic tacos prepared right in front of you. We particularly enjoy the chicken mole and all of the vegetarian options. Plus both of the house made salsas are excellent! And it will only get better as more items are added to the menu.

Drink options are still limited....so hope that will evolve as well.

My only complaint, which is more for the benefit of the staff than diners, is the lack of air conditioning. With the cooks preparing tortillas on hot griddles, the stove going full blast - it's very hot inside on Santa Fe summer afternoons.

4  Thank GolferRan

Reviewed 12 July 2017

These tacos are pretty rad. I had the barbacoa and bison tacos. So, despite my review title, I can't actually comment on the shrimp tacos, but I bet they're also really delicious. Service was quick. Price was a bit on the high side 3.25-4 bones per taco. Despite this, I suspect this will be a common stop for apres ski snacks this winter. You should definitely check this place out. Melty cheese, perfectly warmed tortilla, bison.

7  Thank Unpossible
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped in from Albuquerque to try these tacos and... HOLY MOLY. Easily said these are the best tacos I've had, and this means a lot coming from a New Mexican. Service is super quick, friendly and good vibes. Will absolutely return.

7  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

This is a new fast food taco restaurant which we visited on a whim. While the tacos are fresh and good, we thought the price (average 3.25 each) was a bit much for the very small tacos. Also, they had only one type of ice tea (hibiscus)- not a favorite. Good to grab a fast taco on the go- but not a destination place for sure.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

First, I have no complaints at all... they have a loyal following from Shake Foundation and this place opened with a bang... busy! So getting everything squared away takes a little time when there are a lot of people waiting... and the wait is worth it.

While the sign out front says burritos and bowls, they are not yet on the menu... it is all about the tacos. And amongst the three of us, we all felt that the Verduras #3 is the best of them all... Oaxaca cheese, portable mushroom, onions, and cilantro... delish!
They have two other vegetarian options as well. They have a fish taco (we wish the fish was grilled and not deep fried) that was good, a shimp taco (could have used more shrimp), an excellent Al Pastor taco with roasted marinated pork, pineapple, onion and cilantro, along with a Chicken Mole taco and Barbacoa taco. Although the tortillas are small they are really good.

I will certainly be making this a regular "grab a bite to eat" stop.

6  Thank BVinLongBeach