“Another Excellent meal but stick with the Cuban food”
Review of Cuba Fe Home Cooking - CLOSED

Cuba Fe Home Cooking
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: Casual, laid back atmosphere.
Description: Casual, laid back atmosphere.
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Third time here, food is always excellent. Came for Brunch with my wife to meet a friend from out of town. He had the awesome and already reviewed Cuban Eggs Benedict and nearly cleaned his plate (it's huge and rich). My wife had the combo (again reviewed last time) which is always something to order since you get a bit of everything. And the combo can change depending on the mood of the chef. It's a must order. Everything was superb. I tried the NEW fried chicken. It was good but not over the top like everything else I've tried. Yes the outside was crispy and the meat juicy but it wasn't that unusual, didn't appear to be Cuban and could use a bit more of an interesting spice treatment. It was good, but stick with the Cuban food which is utterly outstanding. The chicken came with a side of potatoes with a spectacular gravy however. That side IS worth offering again. The chicken dish came with the amazing cornbread you get on the combo or as a side. Had two Cuban coffee's (OK, nothing I can live without), the bill with tax was $50 which is incredibly reasonable for all the food of this quality! Guys, you CAN charge a bit more or add tax; your food is so good, I want to see your successes.

Date of visit: November 2017
7  Thank AndrewRodney
Robert M, Owner at Cuba Fe Home Cooking, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thanks for the great review!
I guess the fried chicken is not for you though, we are getting a very good response from other customers.
Thanks again for all of your support! :)

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Absolutely delicious food and excellent service. I had the Picadillo. I loved it. Gobbled it right up. The flan was delicious for dessert too. I will definitely be going back.

Date of visit: October 2017
9  Thank alisanchez1234
Robert M, Owner at Cuba Fe Home Cooking, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Thanks so much!

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Honestly, this is the best Cuban I have ever had in my life. I like to dip mine in the house made hollandaise. You could also order the Cuban eggs benedict for the hollendaise. The location is just like a wonderful little restaurant in any one of a number of Latino countries I have visited with the added benefit of being in my home town and run by my friends. We just had a gathering for our time bank there and everyone enjoyed it. The ropa vieja is AMAZING. Watermelon juice or Cuban cafe con leche are winners in the beverage department.

Date of visit: October 2017
7  Thank TaniaC3030
Reviewed 22 September 2017

CubaFe speaks a very different dialect of spanish culture in a traditionally Mexican green chile based restaurant scene! Who would have thought that CubaFe an ethnic stand out would so quickly become a local favorite in Santa Fe! Their Flan is the real deal and the Cubano speaks volumes to a culture of recipes that has survived and weathered many a storm! Casual, Colorful and Affordable! Go get you some real Cuban food!

Date of visit: September 2017
7  Thank Susan C
Robert M, Owner at Cuba Fe Home Cooking, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Thank you!

Reviewed 20 September 2017

After two luncheon visits, this little place, while very well-intended just fails to perform with really quality Cuban cuisine. Moreover, most of the servings come out the kitchen cold or lukewarm at best. A far superior Cuban sandwich can be had just down the street at Dr. Field Good's and the lechon, black beans/rice lack any recognizable gusto as does the flan (which is not really flan). I would love to see these guys succeed, but they really need to get some of the basics together.

Date of visit: September 2017