“Santa Fe Steal!”

Motel 6 Santa Fe 646 Cerrillios Road
Ranked #53 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 10 November 2007

For years, I had longed to attend the Santa Fe Writer's Conference—and, in 2005, I finally had both the time and most of the money to do so!

I say "most" because of the relatively high cost of Santa Fe accommodations. Adamantly refusing to pay $200 a night—the attendee rate!—at the conference hotel from June 13-19, I scoured the Internet and the AAA guidebook until I found this particular property (still under the Red Roof name at that time) at a mah-velous $46.95 a night!!! (I was the hands-down bargain queen of the mostly-female conference attendees. The runner-up paid $65 a night.)

The room was surprisingly comfortable, with plenty of space for even computer usage (which I supplemented at the local Kinko's when I needed a printer). I even took a couple of client conference calls in that room!

Major shopping is right across the street. The Cerrillos Rd. location of this motel also makes it very easy to get to The Plaza and environs.

As to be expected with a Red Roof/Motel 6, parking right near the room can become challenging at times. I lucked out most afternoons and evenings, however!

• Stayed: June 2005, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank MizKitty007

Reviewed 26 August 2006

I am on the road for 21 days. 21 days, 19 motels.
I am following RT 66 from Chicago to Santa Monica, I will continue from there up the California coast thru San Francisco and ending in Sacramento. From there I will fly back to Chicago. I will review my every stop on the way. I am Don on Route 66.

Not too bad.... In fact, very good for the price,

The accommodations in Santa Fe are somewhat overpriced. It is Santa Fe, you know??? It is a pretty city, but not that pretty.

Red Roof Inn offers a very nice and clean room. I wish that there were a coffee maker in the room, oh well. Internet access is not included. It's an extra $10 a night. Come on, Red Roof. Throw it in!!

Otherwise, no complaints. I'd stay here again....

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank DonRoute66
Reviewed 29 May 2006

We just spent three nights at the Red Roof Inn, and it was great. The service was wonderful, the rooms were clean, and the property was quiet. We spent our days away from the hotel, sight seeing, etc but were able to come back to a clean and quiet room. The value was excellent as what we paid for three nights would have maybe been comparable to one night at a place in the Plaza.

The Red Roof is by no means luxurious, so if you are looking for a hotel that is full service, where you can relax by the pool, you may want to go elsewhere. However, if you are looking for a good value, and a safe place to rest at night, we would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank brie76
Reviewed 8 June 2005

We booked this hotel via Red Roof's website as it was half the price of any other comparable accommodation in Santa Fe.

It was easy to find and the staff were friendly and courteous. Free newspapers, coffee and tourist information are available at reception.
There is a small swimming pool with sun loungers at one side of the property, not a lot of privacy but easy to keep an eye on kids there.

The room was the regular size for Red Roof, not a lot of space but a big television, good selection of cable channels, very clean and modern furnishings. We had a ground floor room to the back of the property (away from the main road) which was quiet and had the advantage of parking directly outside the door to the room.

My husband did some laundry which was very close by and inexpensive.
There are some good local casual restaurants nearby (Tortilla Flats is excellent) and it took us about 10-15 minutes to drive into the center of town.

We enjoyed our stay and would stay again if we were visiting Santa Fe.

• Stayed: June 2005
7  Thank MacKiwi
A TripAdvisor Member
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 3 May 2005

We made reservations well in advance & confirmed our rate, etc a week before our trip to Santa Fe. When we arrived the young, rude, immature, young man at the front desk would not honor our rate & the 1st floor room we had reserved. Then......the room we did get was ratty, dingy, and all the furniture in the room had numerous cigarette burns !!! Upon leaving, we asked to see the manager & he literally hid from us ! Needless to say, we contacted the coporate office about our problems. We will never stay there again !!!

• Stayed: October 2004