“Great desk staff; passionate GM”
Review of Courtyard Santa Fe

Courtyard Santa Fe
Ranked #39 of 61 Hotels in Santa Fe
Reviewed 2 October 2017

On a month long leisure trip around the country, one hotel begins to seem like every other, unless something truly stands out. At this Courtyard, it's the staff. The evening we checked in, there was a problem with the credit card reader, the line was building, yet the two women at the front desk maintained their calm and their professionalism.

The next morning, after an early morning workout (the exercise room is very nice), I accidentally left my room key card in the exercise room, which requires a key card to enter. I went to the desk and explained my situation and said that I had no ID with me. Nate and Lorenzo got enough information to verify that I was, indeed, a guest in the room I mentioned, and in a reassuring way, handed me a new key. Good eye contact, good humor, and a genuine great customer service moment.

The GM happened to be standing by a bit later when I was checking out, and I made sure to mention the good work that both Nate and Lorenzo were doing. He really cared about my experience, and in fact, pulled me aside to talk about the importance of customer service and his commitment to it. We talked for nearly 10 minutes, and I could truly guage his passion for the hospitality industry. A conversation I'll long remember.

The property itself is located in a busy commercial district, with a lot of choices for dining. The grounds are pretty large, with several building connected by a central, well maintained courtyard. Nice indoor pool.

Room Tip: I felt a bit isolated in building D, which is a long way from the front desk and the Bistro.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Janelle E, Manager at Courtyard Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your stay at the hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you the next time your travels bring you to Santa Fe! Thanks for choosing Courtyard Marriott for your visit and look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 29 September 2017

We really enjoyed our stay here. We had a king room which was very clean and in a nice quiet area of the hotel. Staff was helpful and friendly. We were pleasantly surprised that they offered a free shuttle to the Downtown Plaza (by request). We did use the shuttle and it was on time with a friendly smile behind the wheel. We also had breakfast in the Bistro which was excellent.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Janelle E, Manager at Courtyard Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Reviewed 26 September 2017

The Marriott Courtyard is a lovely hotel, with a nice casual dining area, and a lovely courtyard and hot tub to revive and relax in.. I was in Santa Fe on business, and when I stay in a hotel a great portion of my opinion of, and decision to stay again at a particular hotel, besides getting a good night's sleep..is based on the professionalism and efficiency of staff members.
I must say two of the staff were outstanding, and because of them I will definitely stay at the Marriot again.. I got a shuttle daily to the Plaza, and every morning was greeted with a smile and courtesy by Lorenzo Mendonca, his attention to detail, and helpfulness was outstanding. He gives direct eye contact, and focuses on the matter at hand, where so many are so busy doing "busy work" that the customer feels unimportant and as if they are intruding... not so with Lorenzo.. he takes the time to make you feel valued and appreciated. In the restaurant, the manager Louis greeted me with a smile, remembered me when I came back, and when I mentioned I had a cold.. sent over a complimentary cup of tea... staff like Lorenzo and Louis are what make a stay both pleasant and memorable. Thanks guys!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Janelle E, Manager at Courtyard Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for a perfect review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here in Santa Fe. Your feedback is very important to us and has been shared with our management team. We look forward to your next Marriott stay.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were traveling through town on our way to Colorado. We have stayed at Courtyard by Marriott before and have had great experiences.

The overall property here is nice and we always appreciate the Courtyard's bar and restaurant so we do not have to go out for drinks or food while traveling. The rooms are nice but bathrooms are tiny! The bar and restaurant had good drinks and the food was very good.

In summary the place is a good value and encourage the Courtyard to keep the bar and restaurant a priority. Items to improve would be for larger bathrooms and to offer a complimentary breakfast. I was very surprised that this was not offered especially since there is a restaurant available. We would stay at this courtyard again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Janelle E, Manager at Courtyard Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

First of all, the Marriott Courtyard in Santa Fe is one of the nicest and a place I frequently stay when in the area. It has all the usual amenities and a very friendly staff. They were particularly helpful on my last stay when I tried to use a Marriott Gift Card to make an incidental purchase. After explaining that they don't see many of the cards in their hotel, the very helpful manager and a staff member quickly resolved the problem and I was on my way.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Janelle E, Manager at Courtyard Santa Fe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017