“A pleasant surprise . . .”
Review of Pecos Trail Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Pecos Trail Inn
Ranked #22 of 36 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Stylish 1950s motor inn covering 4 buildings & a tasty NM Mexican restaurant east of the busiest part of Sante Fe - literally on the Pecos/Sante Fe trail.
$100 rooms with double queens or 1 king. All are non smoking, luckily for us asthmatics. Ours was clean, quiet, and cooled easily with the a/c on. Roger made check-In easy as well, plus showed us 2 rooms in person so we could decide. When we asked about Manager's Specials, he surprised us again with a nice offer not available on the web.
This has been used several times as a movie set, so you're in good company . . . It's my hidden gem for New Mexico, so far.

Room Tip: Stick with the end units; share only 1 wall if you can.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

My family and I have stayed here multiple times whenever we visit Sante Fe. They are very accommodating and friendly. The rooms are simple and clean. I recommend if you are staying longer then a few nights to book the room with the kitchenette in it, I actually was able to cook my new (at the time) husband dinner. But if you don't want to cook the Mexican restaurant on site is delicious. One time we ordered to go and another we had our rehearsal dinner with live music to boot. Another side fact is an episode or two of Longmire was filmed here which just adds to our love of this place. They also have a pool which is clean and surrounded by flowering bushes (time of year). Looking forward to being back on our next trip to Sante Fe.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2016

On my latest road trip in New Mexico, I wanted to stay in & explore places that were new to me, so I stayed here to be *outside* of Santa Fe and to drive to visit Pecos and the Pecos River. The Pecos Trail Inn is immaculately clean, has heavy wood structure and also furniture and fixtures, and substantial, wide, comfortable tile floors. I was utterly blissfully comfortable in the aircon on a hot day, close to meadows and trees just outside. If you would like to stay out of congestion yet be close to points of access, and be able to relax in sturdy cleanliness and comfort that is locally and proudly owned and maintained and still upholds the Southwestern character of your trip, this lodging simply cannot be beat!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Very well maintained period motel from the 50's,60's, 70's when this was the big road into Santa Fe.

Large rooms, updated to modern standard. Great views and sunset. Great Cafe next-door.

Staff very helpful. Quieter than downtown, but easy to get there.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank M A
Reviewed 7 August 2016

We held a family reunion there and everyone had a great time. The staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was an enjoyable one. Close to downtown Santa Fe but far enough away to give a "out in the country" feel.

Room Tip: If it is warm, asks for a room with updated AC.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family