2,571 results
All reviews red sage iguana cafe parrot buffet casino floor nice casino indoor pool beautiful resort turquoise trail native american art new mexico non smoking hilton santa fe los alamos fitness center minute drive balcony spa
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder needs a renovation. We upgraded to a suite -- often the rooms where hotels focuses their energies -- but the room was out of date. There was a shortage of outlets and lighting, no USB plugs for technology, and a minimum of furniture on the (very large) balcony. We had to request an extra lamp for the bedroom so that there was lighting on both sides of the bed.

The lobby was quite grand, but the pool was small and a shortage of poolside seating. One of the restaurants was being renovated while we visited.

The staff were very friendly.

Overall, I expected more from a resort hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank too_few_trips_1
Robert S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear too_few_trips_1

We regret that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve during your recent stay. We do strive for unparalleled service delivery at our hotel and we are always looking for ways to ensure that each guests experiences the very best we have to offer.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We always love coming to the Buffalo Thunder. My mother and aunts gamble to their hearts content, and my sister and I lay out by the pool during the day and gamble at night. It is also in close proximity to other casinos and the city. The rooms are very comfortable and the staff is very friendly. Jessica in customer service was especially helpful this year. She moved us to an suite upgrade very quickly and was very pleasant - didnt act like I was an inconvenience. I will definitely return. *Helpful hint if you get a players card you might even be eligible for room and food discounts.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank Sandy D

Dear Sandy D,

Thank you for your loyalty to Buffalo Thunder we appreciate you.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

It’s always great visiting Santa Fe and Buffalo Thunder is a true gem, the culture and art work around the hotel is leading edge in Native American. The rooms are nice and the Sage is the best place to eat

6  Thank FunL0vers
Robert S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear FunL0vers

Thank you for being a return visitor to Buffalo Thunder. Be sure to come and try out our new Red Sage menu which we are launching Monday, June 17, 2018. Iguana Café also unveils its new look Friday, June 15 after its' major expansion and facelift.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I find it a bit difficult to review this property because I have been a Hilton HHonors member for at least 25 years. My family and I stayed here in celebration of me and my husband's wedding anniversary. A road trip!

The hotel lobby was impressive, upon entry into our suite the general appearances were somewhat normal, however we noticed that the walls in the bedroom suite had these massive markings all over them. I don't know how to describe them but they're huge and all over the walls like skid marks! Also a few on the bathroom walls. The glass sliding door did not lock, it was completely broken. Since we were on a higher floor I was not as concerned about it with respect to safety. Although the room was a bit dated with the decorations; bedding, furniture... the fireplace did not heat up the room. We did enjoy the view and the sunrise which was absolutely breathtaking!

If I did not hold memberships in various travel Hotel destinations, I probably would have just checked in here and thought not much of it, but when you see large black marks on walls, and broken locks on the balcony door, it makes you wonder what else is not clean, and not working properly? At the end of the day the responsibility falls on the housekeeping manager and maintenance, and then the property manager. Maybe they need a better checks and balances? We were able to receive a discount upon check out when I showed the front desk agent the photos of the walls and the broken lock on the glass door.

Hopefully, these issues have been resolved and each guest will enjoy their stay.

CAB

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Robert S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Santa Fe Buffalo Thunder, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear YarnDenver,

Firstly, thank you for letting us be a part of our wedding anniversary trip.

We regret we did not live up to your expectations, however, I am glad you mentioned the room damage to our Front Desk Agent who was able to assist.

Happy Anniversary!

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Hotel looked to be very nice 4-5 years ago but was tired with a good bit of wear on door frames, walls, furniture. Room was tired and mattresses seemed worn out.
Red Sage Restaurant was very nice and elegant. AC would not go below 74, I asked hotel staff to take a look and fix, which they said they did but the issue remained.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear John B,

Red Sage has just unveiled their new menu as composed by our new German Chef - Chef Klaus Hamel, well worth a visit next time you visit.