All reviews piano bar doug montgomery sun room day bed continental breakfast private courtyard short walk within walking distance hot tub other guests comfortable bed parking lot santa fe style three blocks few blocks yogurt boutique hotel
Reviewed 30 October 2018

The Inn at Vanessie is located in the heart of the art and museum district in Santa Fe. The Inn itself is a boutique Inn, with a local feel of the culture and surroundings. We arrived at 6:30pm just as the clerk was beginning to put our keys in an envelope. As we checked in he provided us with no information/confusing information about the availability of breakfast and food/drink voucher. Each day we continued to try to become clear and only on our 4th day did we get a clear answer from a different clerk. This was time consuming and aggravating. Also, we had to move out of our room as the heating system stopped working, Then in the 2nd room the door lock stopped working and we were locked out of our room. Needless to say, the Inn needs to get better management. No one wants to have extra grief while traveling. But the cleaning staff were efficient and good.

Room tip: Ask for a room that has its own patio.
4  Thank shirahannah
Vanessie, Manager at Inn at Vanessie, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback. From what I recall our General Manager had to assisted you with opening your door, upon her arrival it took no time to unlock it was more of a user error on your part. As for the breakfast it is clearly stated on your welcome letter. The 20.00 F/B voucher was complimentary if you were to join us in our dining room for dinner service.

Reviewed 30 October 2018

Horrible place. I phoned in advance to make arrangements for a bottle of champagne and flowers to be delivered to our friends room for their 20th anniversary. They dropped the ball and did not make the arrangements. I a emailed my contact Nikko twice to confirm it had been done and never got a return email. I then called and talked to the manager and told her what had happened. She said she would call me back and let me know and never did. When I called again she was aloof and when I asked her for a simple apology she said "for what". I would never stay at a place so poorly run and hope our friends wouldn't either.

4  Thank Paul S

I believe the horrible attitude and bad behavior is on you sir. I Dimitra the manager spoke to you about this matter, about 40 mins after we spoke the first time you called me back before I could call you back. in the meantime time I was getting a hold of the person you dealt with to find out what and why this happened. On our second conversation you were yelling, calling names and making threats to leave a bad reviews on several sites if we didn't make you happy. We are happy not to have you on our property with such poor behavior. Thank you for your review, it would have been nice for you to leave the whole truth.

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at the Inn at Vanessie for legal conferences the past four years. We won’t be staying there again. The hotel has added a nonsense $20.00 per person per night fee to their room rates. They also changed their breakfast buffet from excellent to very mediocre.
We won’t be back.

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank mkcoach

The resort fee you talk about is one of the lowest in town. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 October 2018

My wife and I booked a five-night stay here; however, my wife became sick and we had to check out only after one night. The lady at the front desk was very understanding. They refunded us for the nights we did not stay, although I don't think they were required to. They did not charge us any cancellation fee either. The place itself was great. It was nice, clean, and I liked the style.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. We accommodate our guest anyway we can.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

I was planning to stay at the Vanessie for 2 nights hoping for a charming and high-end hotel and was so disappointed, that after check in, I had to cancel the second night. The suite was not to any suitable standards (especially being so pricey), with dust on the carpets, a running toilet bowl and light switches that stayed in my hand upon entry in the room.
The customer service was poor if nonexistent and it took me some time before the General Manager (on site) came to see me, only to reimburse me for the 2nd night but not caring much for the improper condition of the suite.
In addition, breakfast was appalling (20 minutes wait) to get a simple continental breakfast and the Wi-Fi never worked form the evening to the next mid-morning! However, the location is very good, some 4 blocks walk from the historical Plaza on W. San Francisco Avenue.
I will not recommend this hotel to anyone, as it is outdated and mal functioning and it has been my most profound disappointment ever despite my heavy travelling and staying at hotels worldwide.

6  Thank Wolfytail
Vanessie, Manager at Inn at Vanessie, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

We are so sorry to hear your stay with us did not meet our standards. We take pride and our hotel and will always do our best to please our clientele. We take all feedback very seriously, and hope that we can make up for your last stay next time you're in Santa Fe.