All reviews piano bar doug montgomery day bed continental breakfast private courtyard within walking distance other guests parking lot santa fe style three blocks comfortable bed few blocks yogurt boutique hotel four nights outdoor patio sitting area
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Great location for walking to the square.

Really nice room. We booked a suite so my daughter and her family of two small girls could stay with us.

Unfortunately, the A/C was not fully functional in the second bedroom and the hotel was full so they could not move my daughter's family to another room.

Late that night (after 10 pm) when everyone was sleeping, the office called to say there was a last minute cancellation. The staff was so helpful moving my daughter and her family in the middle of the night. The baby, 5 months, was wearing a sleeping suit and no A/C would have been a major problem later in the night.

The food was great too. We ate dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. Breakfast was pricey, even with the vouchers, but it was good.

We had a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Jim_Waco_TX
Vanessie, Front Office Manager at Inn at Vanessie, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Thank you for the feedback, we are always looking for ways to improve our beautiful boutique hotel. The guest’s comfort and satisfaction are our utmost concern at Vanessie. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Never stay again.
Booked the room on Sunday night thru Expedia, I accidentally booked the upcoming Monday and I meant to book Tuesday. I called Expedia right a way to correct, said it was up to hotel if they would not charge for Monday. I did book Tuesday thru Expedia, that is the night we stayed. I have since learned that they are charging me for the Monday night that was an accident. Even though the girl told me the room was not booked. That said here is my review. Yes a little bitter about paying for an accidental booking but I am a big boy and it's not going to kill me or hurt me financially. I will survive.

Pulled into parking lot and its small, the lady at front desk was in parking lot arguing with her daughter or an employee. She went inside to register us and acted as if we interrupted her argument. She was to say the least rude. We had driven all day and a smiling face would have been nice.
Thought there was a balcony in our room and there was not. A lot of the rooms do not have them. Rooms are much smaller that the photos on line appear. If you have a hard time getting around in a crowded room you should look elsewhere.
The only highlight was the young lady who went to the bar to get me ice. No ice machine have to go to front desk.
I have to say I'm getting a little tired of the way people treat their customers. They seem to have forgotten why they have jobs.
I travel a lot and write great reviews when they are earned. This place earned nothing from me.
I will never stay here again while visiting NM.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Find a better room for a better price somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Vanessie, front desk at Inn at Vanessie, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

We are sorry to hear about your stay and that it wasn't up to your expectations. Thank you for your feedback it helps us improve the stay of our guests.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

Santa Fe had always been on my radar, and this vacation trip offered the perfect opportunity as it was the midway point between home and our destination. My room was very spacious, adorned in Southwest decor, and extremely cozy, complete with candles in the fireplace. The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby even through an early morning thunderstorm.

When I checked in, the clerk explained to me their dining offerings and asked if she could make me dinner reservations for that evening. I declined as I found it odd that I would need reservations for a motel restaurant. Two hours later I went in to eat and the place was very full. Boy, oh boy was I in for a treat! The menu was quite diverse with meal choices at very reasonable prices. The serving size was full and tasty.

What I didn’t know that the clerk did is that this is a hotspot for the local residents. The main attraction is a piano bar act featuring Doug Montgomery. The man is a very good pianist and a good singer, hence an all-around entertainer five nights a week. But what is really cool is that he allows the restaurant patrons to join him.

The first person to join him that night was a young man who recently was graduated from Tufts University with a chemical engineering degree. Man oh man! That youngster is helluva singer, and he and Doug did a couple of songs impeccably. Following him, a man from the audience was invited up and brought his clarinet. Again, he and Doug performed flawlessly. All in all, this stay was one that created some very heartfelt memories. I can’t wait to go back! I give it six stars out of a possible five.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cosmicpassenger
Vanessie, Manager at Inn at Vanessie, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Vanessie.Thank you, your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

A really neat, authentic feeling place to stay if you are staying in historic Santa Fe. Everything is walking distance from the hotel. We walked to the historic square where everything was located from shops to restaurants.

Stayed: June 2018
4  Thank FrequentTrav111
Vanessie, Manager at Inn at Vanessie, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thank you for your kind feedback!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Everything about the Inn speaks (screams!) Luxury but not in an ostentatious manner.

From the real drip coffee maker to the glasses, wine and water, we felt pampered just being in the spacious, tastefully decorated room.

The modern, quiet ac unit and ceiling fan kept the room at a comfortable temperature even when the streets hit 101 deg.

The Inn is only 2 easy blocks away from the downtown area and its location is removed from street noise.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank wtutz

Thank you for your kind feedback. We definitely hope to see you on your next trip to Santa Fe!