1,026 results
All reviews underground parking great location restaurant upstairs slow bar presidential suite half block wet bar private balcony small bathroom new mexico sitting area charming hotel per day king bed main plaza living room mini fridge
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Hotel Chimayo was a very nice hotel. I felt like we got our money’s worth out of the room and felt it was reasonably priced for the area. There were a few pros and cons to the room/hotel. The parking is an absolutely frustrating experience. If there isn’t room in the garage you have to double park and give your car keys to the front desk so they can move your car around. With a new car I wasn’t incredibly happy with that. But what do you do?
Esperanza was super helpful and friendly. We really liked her service and her recommendations about the area.
We loved the decor of the room and felt like it was super clean and well appointed.
What I did not care for at all was upon checking out they wanted to add a 25 dollar a day “resort fee” to our bill. There isn’t a resort. The amenities were rather sparce and did not feel like 75 dollars for a 3 night stay was worth it. The gal at the front desk told me it was to pay for “property taxes” which I am was stunned. It is up to the owner to pay the property taxes not me. And i you want to make the stay of your hotel 25 dollars and I can accept that price or not that would be my decision. But that did not make me happy at all. Not a little.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank pasandy
Reviewed 31 October 2018

Best things about this place are the staff, cleanliness, and location! The staff were all so accommodating and willing to help no matter what. My mother and I had the pleasure of chatting with Pamela Bowker, one of the guest services staff (front desk). She is so cheerful and sincere! My mother had gotten ill while on vacation and Pamela showed genuine concern. We will miss her smiling face (and local recommendations)! We loved the Hotel and hope to return someday!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 30 October 2018

The accommodations here are very clean and neat. All the staff were helpful, courteous, and professional. Everyone was more than willing to assist with any and all questions and requests. One of the front desk staff members, Pamela Bowker, was extremely friendly and and always had a smile to greet you at the desk. The convenience of the hotel to the Plaza is a huge plus.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Chimayo, with the unique structural features that cannot be found in modern construction. The rooms were comfortable and the real wood burning fireplace, perfect for a cold night. It was quiet and perfectly located to walk anywhere we wanted to go. There is some maintenance to be done, as expected for an old hotel. But rooms were clean and the staff friendly and helpful. Especially Pam and Lupe.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel is charming. Having a fireplace in the room is amazing. Pamela Bowker is a receptionist that makes you feel very welcome. Nothing is too much trouble for her to do to make your stay special. This employee is amazing!

Trip type: Travelled with friends