“Expensive Foodie Food”

Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 3 August 2017

My niece and I were browsing next door at the book shop and got hungry so we popped next door to check it out. I have to say right here that I'm not a 'Foodie'. I'm just looking for a good turkey sandwich, maybe a little potato salad. I'll do the occasional aioli but I don't do chutney. This is a chutney kind of place. If you like chutney, you'll love this place. If you've got money to burn AND are a foodie, this place is your heaven. Not mine though! High end flavors with a price tag to match. It had a bunch of different salads in the deli case too but it was all stuff that I wasn't quite comfortable eating. Not one bit of potato salad or cole slaw. It's small with a little outdoor seating. Just up the hill from the ferry landing. If you're a meat a potatoes kind of person, or like I, are just looking for a good turkey sandwich, go elsewhere. This place isn't for our kind!
The book shop next door is basically a half priced books store. Worth wandering in.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 31 July 2017

This was one of two places within walking distance that was open for a late lunch when we arrived on the ferry. Very nice selection with lots of healthy choices. Staff was friendly and helpful. Outdoor dining looked inviting, but couldn't accommodate our group of 6 without lots of moving tables and chairs, so we ate inside. Pricey, but a fun local experience.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

The seared greens salad was excellent. I also got the crab cake, which had too much breading and not enough crab. The kids got plain turkey sandwiches and were happy. Inside was loud and crowded, but the porch tables were quieter. I would eat there again.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped here to get sandwiches to go before heading on the Transit shuttle out to Lime Kiln State Park. The workers were very friendly and accomodating and the sandwiches were delicious!

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped for lunch here recommended by a local shop owner. So glad we did. The food was locally sourced and made fresh.