Discovery Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Friday Harbor Suites(Friday Harbor)
View Hotel
Earthbox Inn & Spa(Friday Harbor)
View Hotel
The Orca Inn(Friday Harbor)
View Hotel
Bird Rock Hotel(Friday Harbor)
  • Breakfast included
Friday Harbor House(Friday Harbor)
  • Free Internet
Edenwild Boutique Inn(Lopez Island)
View Hotel
Lopez Islander Resort(Lopez Island)
  • Pool
All reviewshot tubpark like settingthe managerselectric fireplacelawn gamesclose to townpicnic tablesadirondack chairsgreat place to staycoffee makerstay there againroom was clean and comfortablethird floorgrounds are beautifulsan juan islandno elevatorenjoyed our stay
Reviewed 3 December 2017

We went on a short two day trip to this beautiful inn - it was an amazing experience.
Its run by a couple. Our check in process / picking up the keys was speedy. We booked this inn via booking.com - loved the personal touch of themm sednign a mail informing us about the hotel. we had informed them well in advance about our late check in. There was a lock box in whic our keys were - so we just had to pick that up and meet them in the morning. :)
We went to their home office in the morning - met the lady :) - she was very hospitable - she gave us water - chocolates - explained the sights to see in Friday harbor. She brought out a map and marked the best places.
She also offered head gear and others as it was snowing out there..
The rooms/bathrooms were clean - there was enough coffee pods + creamers.
The owners were always there to help.
Overall - i would recommend this place to my friends :)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
DiscoveryInnFH, Owner at Discovery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

We are delighted you had such a positive experience during your visit with us. Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review. Please come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

I needed a place to stay for an entire week, so I booked the Discovery Inn based primarily on price. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised by everything else!
If you are an independent type traveler, meaning someone who does not need/want the "attention" a larger hotel provides, this is the place for you.
The small staff takes great pride in their establishment. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. I opted for the smallest, most economical room, which was much larger than I expected, and was outfitted with a small refrigerator and Keurig coffeemaker. Daily housekeeping is provided if you wish. I opted for service every other day. Kudos to the housekeeping staff - they kept my room neat and spotless - I apologize for not getting your names!
The super friendly front desk staff consists of Heather, Missy, Katie, and Dan. They want you to enjoy the island, and will help you do so. The small lobby area has local interest books, a water filling station, and fresh coffee for guests.
I was without a car during my stay, and the inn is about 3/4 mile to "downtown". Walking into town each day worked for me, but staff will call a taxi if necessary.
If I ever return, the Discovery Inn will once again, be my "home away from home".
Thank you!
Susan.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank 535BTD
KAGab, Owner at Discovery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you for your kind review and for staying with us! We hope you do return, it would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Lovely setting. Warm welcome by innkeepers. Well appointed rooms. My room had an entire wall that had a refrigerator, microwave, cupboard space, and coffee maker (appreciated not having it crammed onto the bathroom sink counter). Sufficient outlets. Good wifi. Good TV. Full closet. Highly recommend if you have transportation. No restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
KAGab, Owner at Discovery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for your review and endorsement of the Inn. It is good to hear that you enjoyed our staff, accommodations and grounds. We hope your travels bring you back, we would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Everything is perfect except I wish they offered a simple breakfast. Friday Harbor is a tourist town and they take the "Island Time" phrase to heart. I go there to work and its nearly impossible to find a breakfast place open early morning. BUT other than no breakfast at the inn it was wonderful. The rooms are large, comfortable and super clean. The counter staff couldn't be any nicer. It is close to town and easy to find. The price is reasonable also. I won't evebn think of going any place else unless someone starts offering breakfast for us who come because of work.

Room Tip: I've stayed 2nd and 1st floors and both are good.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

We are glad we are your goto place when you come to Friday Harbor. Thank you for the kind review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We visited Friday Harbor last month (our first time to the island) and stayed at the Discovery Inn. We were so impressed with Missy's kindness and assistance when we first called to make reservations, that we couldn't wait to visit. Then, when we arrived, we were over-the-top impressed!! Missy greeted us, and her husband, Dan provided us with "insider" information on what to see on the island. He gave us maps and outlined day trips for us, which made our trip extra special!! He recommended the best places to eat, and amazing views that shouldn't be missed. Our room was immaculate...the grounds were beautiful...the setting was lovely and very quiet. The bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept on in a hotel. We had the best two days ever!! The morning we checked out we felt like we were leaving friends. Dan and Missy and the entire experience at Discovery Inn made our trip memorable and sweet. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

We love that we were able to help make your trip so memorable and the best two days ever! We look forward to your next visit.