Roche Harbor Resort(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$176
Earthbox Inn & Spa(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$296
Hotels.com
US$303
Hotels.com
Friday Harbor Suites(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$251
Travelocity
Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$204
  • Free Internet
Bird Rock Hotel(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$248
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$278/night.

Friday Harbor House(Friday Harbor)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot tubpark like settingthe managerslawn gameselectric fireplaceclose to townpicnic tablesadirondack chairswould definitely stay here againgreat place to staycoffee makergrounds are beautifulroom was clean and comfortablethird floorno elevatorsan juan islandlocation was perfect
Reviewed 26 November 2017

I needed a place to stay for an entire week, so I booked the Discovery Inn based primarily on price. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised by everything else!
If you are an independent type traveler, meaning someone who does not need/want the "attention" a larger hotel provides, this is the place for you.
The small staff takes great pride in their establishment. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. I opted for the smallest, most economical room, which was much larger than I expected, and was outfitted with a small refrigerator and Keurig coffeemaker. Daily housekeeping is provided if you wish. I opted for service every other day. Kudos to the housekeeping staff - they kept my room neat and spotless - I apologize for not getting your names!
The super friendly front desk staff consists of Heather, Missy, Katie, and Dan. They want you to enjoy the island, and will help you do so. The small lobby area has local interest books, a water filling station, and fresh coffee for guests.
I was without a car during my stay, and the inn is about 3/4 mile to "downtown". Walking into town each day worked for me, but staff will call a taxi if necessary.
If I ever return, the Discovery Inn will once again, be my "home away from home".
Thank you!
Susan.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank 535BTD
KAGab, Owner at Discovery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you for your kind review and for staying with us! We hope you do return, it would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Lovely setting. Warm welcome by innkeepers. Well appointed rooms. My room had an entire wall that had a refrigerator, microwave, cupboard space, and coffee maker (appreciated not having it crammed onto the bathroom sink counter). Sufficient outlets. Good wifi. Good TV. Full closet. Highly recommend if you have transportation. No restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
KAGab, Owner at Discovery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for your review and endorsement of the Inn. It is good to hear that you enjoyed our staff, accommodations and grounds. We hope your travels bring you back, we would love to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Everything is perfect except I wish they offered a simple breakfast. Friday Harbor is a tourist town and they take the "Island Time" phrase to heart. I go there to work and its nearly impossible to find a breakfast place open early morning. BUT other than no breakfast at the inn it was wonderful. The rooms are large, comfortable and super clean. The counter staff couldn't be any nicer. It is close to town and easy to find. The price is reasonable also. I won't evebn think of going any place else unless someone starts offering breakfast for us who come because of work.

Room Tip: I've stayed 2nd and 1st floors and both are good.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

We are glad we are your goto place when you come to Friday Harbor. Thank you for the kind review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We visited Friday Harbor last month (our first time to the island) and stayed at the Discovery Inn. We were so impressed with Missy's kindness and assistance when we first called to make reservations, that we couldn't wait to visit. Then, when we arrived, we were over-the-top impressed!! Missy greeted us, and her husband, Dan provided us with "insider" information on what to see on the island. He gave us maps and outlined day trips for us, which made our trip extra special!! He recommended the best places to eat, and amazing views that shouldn't be missed. Our room was immaculate...the grounds were beautiful...the setting was lovely and very quiet. The bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept on in a hotel. We had the best two days ever!! The morning we checked out we felt like we were leaving friends. Dan and Missy and the entire experience at Discovery Inn made our trip memorable and sweet. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

We love that we were able to help make your trip so memorable and the best two days ever! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Missy and Dan were great proprietors letting us know the sights on San Juan Island. That kept us busy for the days we were there. They were very welcoming and made the stay all the better. The rooms are clean, quiet, and comfortable. There is a mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave in each room. There is free WiFi. There was an electric fireplace that actually added warmth. There was a outdoor hot tub that we didn’t use. On site parking and the location is close to town.

Stayed: October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Inn. We are glad your stay was comfortable and quiet. We look forward to your next visit with us.