All reviews hot tub park like setting lawn games electric fireplace close to town fridge and microwave picnic tables would definitely stay here again coffee maker third floor adirondack chairs grounds are beautiful room was clean and comfortable no elevator great place to stay on san juan island enjoyed our stay
Reviewed 11 June 2017

I had a good feeling when I booked here, based on others' reviews, and my hunch was correct! It's a beautiful property, comfortable, and peaceful. I was greeted SO warmly and enjoyed conversations with Dan and Missy throughout my visit, so that it felt more like I was visiting friends on an island rather than coming there alone to explore a new place. They have lovely charming extras like the water bottles and amazing chocolates, myriad detailed maps/advice, table next to the flowers and fountain to look over the maps. It may sound silly but I loved the cushioned matting on the stairs/walk to my upstairs room -- it's the little things that aren't so little, you know? The flowering pots all over made everything look and feel like a well-kept home. The room was very comfortable and pretty and updated.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
DiscoveryInnFH, Owner at Discovery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

We loved reading your review and are delighted that you had such a good experience staying with us. We are continually striving to make the Inn more welcoming and inviting to our guests. Thank you for staying with us and hope you will be able to come again.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

My husband and I, with my sister and her family, loved our stay in Friday Harbor. Staying at Discovery Inn made our stay very pleasant. This is a comfortable, very well-kept, well-furnished Inn. The grounds were beautiful and spacious, with plenty of places to sit and visit with family or to just enjoy the beautiful weather and surroundings. But, what really sets this place apart are the Innkeepers, Missy and Dan Bedell. From our arrival to our departure, Missy and Dan made us feel welcome. They clearly enjoy their role as Innkeepers. Thanks to the time these folks spent familiarizing us with unique to locations on the island, we had some wonderful experiences. Thank-you, Missy and Dan, for being such great hosts! We hope to return to Friday Harbor and Discovery Inn one day.
Debbie and Larry Smith, Texas

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for the review. We agree with you that Dan and Missy are great. It is wonderful that you had such a positive stay and we hope that one day your travels will bring you back again.

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Discovery Inn is the perfect destination if you are looking for a lovely, clean, well appointed, well situated place to stay on San Juan Island. We could not find one thing wrong with this very agreeable motel accommodation. The folks that run the Inn, Missy and Dan are just the nicest people and set the tone for your stay with their cheerful welcome and sincere helpfulness. The grounds are beautiful and there are places to sit and read or rest outside. It's very quiet as it is a few streets up from the busy downtown area, but still walking distance to a few restaurants. The rooms are modern and very clean with a nice size TV, refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom was spotless, a great shower, premium shower products and the whitest towels I have ever seen. You can pay more and way more on the island but I don't know why you would when you could stay at this perfect little gem.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful review and your glowing endorsement of the Inn. We do strive to give the best customer experience. It would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

My wife and I stayed at six different hotels on our trip through the San Juan Islands and Olympic Peninsula. We received the biggest and friendliest welcome from Discovery Inn. The hotel appears to be run by a husband and wife. When we checked-in, they gave us water bottles and really good chocolates . They suggested places to visit and eat on the island. Even though we did not take him up on it, the owner also offered to help carry our bags to our room.

The rooms provide television, refrigerator, wifi, and air-conditioning. The hotel provides a grassy area nearby to relax or play games. I liked the walkway railing design.

The hotel is a good walk to downtown Friday Harbor, but the location is peaceful.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for the kind review of the Inn. So glad you stayed with us! We hope we can welcome you again on a future trip to San Juan Island.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Discovery Inn for 3 nights in June. This place is wonderful. It is a family motel, immaculate and the managers,Missy and Dan were amazing hosts. They acted as travel guides for us and gave us the most wonderful suggestions for day trips and dinner.
We have traveled the world and stayed in many hotels, motels etc.This was a great value and a wonderful experience. Hope to get back here again if I visit the Pacific NW.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We hope your travels do bring you back to the Pacific Northwest and to Friday Harbor. It would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.