All reviews place to sleep rooms are small king room air conditioner grocery store stay there again bed was comfortable save some money mini fridge on san juan island location is great downtown area three nights whale watching barracks orca motto
Reviewed 15 May 2017

Room was very small difficult to have bag open for change of clothes even! Pillow very uncomfortable, had to request another one. no tea/coffee facilities and have to walk to local coffee shop. When we stayed there was a group of school adolescents who were also staying very noisy in and out of each others rooms, usual foul language although management did address this and appeared concerned. This is not a fancy place at all, could have been made better with simply offering hot coffee in the reception area otherwise felt there was no concern for guests at all. Would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Muchsee
Reviewed 12 May 2017

The rooms, while small, are clean and the bed was comfortable. When I travel, I don't plan on spending a lot of time in my room. It's close enough to the center of town to park the car and walk to just about anything in Friday Harbor and if you're flying in, it's right next to the airport...which in any major city would be a concern, but during my 3 night stay, I never heard or saw a plane land or take off. Friendly and helpful staff. Fantastic experience for those who aren't expecting a 5 star resort.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2017

I will start out by saying the rooms are very small. You have a drawer in the room next to the sink with 1 drawer. A shower and tub in the bathroom and about 3 feet from the side of the bed and about the same difference at the end of the bed. The hotel was clean staff very friendly and right across the street from them is a bakery that had awesome delicious pastries and pies. Also really good pizza! I will definitely stay here again. I recommend bringing your own pillows there's are super thin. No breakfast but free coffee starting at 8am

Room Tip: I was in bldg 2 but I think that doesn't matter their all off the highway
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2017

The price is great when you are on a budget. It is quite a hike up hill from the harbor ferry, so be prepared. You can call one of two taxi companies for under 10 dollars if you need to. Very simple furnishings. More like an RV. The walls are so thin you can hear the other persons complete phone conversation, yes, the person on the other end of the line too. The TVs are tube TVs, and, it is quite a little walk to get anywhere in town. Finally, when I returned from an outing, I discovered my door was unlocked, and all I simply had to do was push the door, and there was my belongings. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2017

My review is on the double queen (2 queen beds) room because that is the type of room we stayed at while visiting Friday Harbor. I find the Orca Inn a great choice for families because the room is extremely clean. A bonus is that the double queen room has two bathrooms, so convenient for everyone. In addition, I find the customer service representatives to be kind and accommodating.

I can not say the value of the Orca Inn is a deal because it is still expensive for what you are getting in return. However, there isn't much of a choice if you are looking for a clean and low budget hotel. The motel comes with the basics of towels, microwave, refrigerator, and a coffee maker. In addition, there is free wifi, but it is very slow. As for the parking, there is plenty of parking spaces.

The Orca Inn worked for my family because our goal was to travel around the island and not to stay in the room. If your visit is to stay in a nice comfy room and to enjoy the pool, you should definitely look at some of the resort options on the island; if not, the Orca Inn is a good choice.

I must say the walls are thin, so you can hear your neighbors talking. In addition, you will know whenever they turn on the showers. If you are the type that will be exploring the entire island , I don't think it matters because you will be too tired to care about the minor noises.

I think one of the benefits of living at the Orca Inn is that it is close to downtown Friday Harbor; only a 5 min drive. As such, a very convenient location. Again, this is a clean budget motel. I do not think you can find anything cheaper that is livable and hygiene conscious.

Room Tip: Just get the double queen room; it's spacious and has two bathrooms
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family