“Wonderful Service in a Relaxing Environment”

Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Friday Harbor
Reviewed 11 October 2017

The hostess Mary Ann is the best!! Not only did she offer us two delicious breakfasts (the mixed berries are a must have) but took the time to sit with us and lay out a wonderful day exploring San Juan Island. She made that part of the trip for us. The Lodge is a great facility. Over all we wish that part of the trip was longer.

Room Tip: Second floor with balcony
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We had the most amazing week. I stayed in the lodge. My sister and I shared a room with two beds. This is an amazing resort and is very beautiful. Our room had a fireplace and a balcony looking out over the water. The bathroom was amazing, with a soaking tub. Mary Ann Bruno worked with our group to make sure our stay was amazing and she was quite successful. I would definitely recommend staying at this resort. I cannot wait to bring my husband to the islands next year.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I was here over Labor Day weekend and my friend and I stayed in a Canvas Tent that was an absolute pleasure. I had never been "glamping" before so I had no idea what to expect; from start to finish I was blown away with the experience inside the campground. We enjoyed the Breakfast near the lake, a casual game of ping pong when walking to and from the general store, and taking a NuCanoe onto the lake over the course of our stay.

On the first day of our stay we were greeted with a gentleman at the entrance to the park that took our names and gave us directions to the lodge. He was extremely happy and welcoming and kicked everything off to a good start. From there we went to the lodge to check in and we were introduced to Jess. Checking in, as most places are, was smooth but Jess went above and beyond and asked what our plans were for our stay. We told her that we had no real agenda and we were playing it by ear to which she responded with a few general ideas both inside the resort and around the island and invited us to ask her for any other ideas during the duration of our stay. We ended up using her as a resource and she marked some suggestions on a map as well as gave us some dinner suggestions. She really made us feel like she was invested in our enjoyment rather than just focused on getting us checked in and moving on with her day, This became a commonality in the staff as we met more and more people around the resort grounds.

The Canvas tent was well stocked and very cozy. We had Tent 353 which in my opinion has the best location. Being right on the water facing the lodge gave us a great view at all times of the day but it was also tucked back away from other tents with no foot traffic. The only downside to the trip was that there was a burn ban on the island. Because of this we couldn't enjoy a campfire with some s'mores :(

The grounds were very well maintained and I can't recall a time that I saw any loose trash which was a surprise given the size of the resort. Not only were the grounds clean but the showers/restrooms were as well.

Most of the time we were relaxing at the tent or surveying the island but when we were in the resort there was a ton of things to do. We ended up renting out a NuCanoe and took it out on the lake and the process of renting the boat couldn't have been easier. There was also a giant chess board that we fumbled with for a minute and although we didn't fish we saw many people in multiple places fishing to what looked like great success.

Even with the long list of things to do in the resort it maintained a calm and quiet ambiance that made this trip memorable. The culture that the management has instilled in the resort makes it a great place to mentally check out for a weekend due to the attentiveness of the staff and the maintenance of the grounds.

Room Tip: Canvas Tent 353. On the water with nice view of lodge.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I stayed in one of the canvas tents (with private bath and electricity) with my parents. The setup is wonderful and the daybed that I slept on was surprisingly super comfortable! There was a mini-electric fireplace and even though it was cool while we stayed there the thermos bottles they brought to put under the covers kept us more than warm enough. We had an obstructed view of the lake/pond but most of the others did not have an obstruction (I don't remember which one we were in but it was the second to the last tent, from the left if you're facing the pond/lake). The only thing about the tents that was an issue for us is that all of the tents are right next to each other so you could hear everything anyone did or said in the tents next to you so there isn't a lot of privacy and in this respect, it's like staying in any other campground. Other than that the breakfast is great for a campground continental and they provided firewood and starter.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I stayed in one of the cabins with three others in preparation for the Triathalon that happens every year. I had never been before and was pleasantly surprised at how warm and inviting the cabin was. When we first arrived the front desk staff welcomed us, and though they had an issue finding our reservation, they were able to fix the situation and a cabin was made ready for us. The upper and lower level bedrooms were a good size, and I loved the private fire pit in the back. We even had time to do some tye dye and make memories. I would definitely stay there again and I recommend it to anyone who asks me about places to go for a get away or on the island.

Room Tip: Go for a cabin or a Glamping tent!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
13.8 km away
Edenwild Boutique Inn
Edenwild Boutique Inn
#1 of 2 in Lopez Island

Been to Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes? Share your experiences!