4,342 results
All reviews eugene schlaff zocca restaurant the river heavenly bed corner suite room service beautiful hotel valet parking the entire staff convention center riverwalk concierge spg conference alamo associate balconies
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I will start out by saying that I initially truly believed this to be a fantastic stay at a hotel that was in a convenient location to the airport, not too expensive, with comfortable rooms and friendly staff however, that opinion changed rather quickly. We only stayed one night, but prior to check out the next day, I checked my bank account to learn not only that I was charged significantly more for the room than was reserved for, but they had also charged me an additional $75 on top of the that. When I called to inquire as to what the charges were for, they provided multiple excuses...one being that they always charge the additional "in case there are additional charges upon checkout"....tisk...tisk....tisk....not good!!! That is what the entire process of checking out is for...if the member has used valet, purchased goodies from the gift shop or ordered room service then you bill them at check out for utilizing those services. They not only over-charged me for the room, they charged me for 2 days of valet/parking when we only used one AND they charged me for using their gift shop twice when I only used them once. This is completely unsatisfactory!! I cannot and will not stay at this hotel again and cannot recommend to others. My advise---the room is great, but check your account before checking out and address any inconsistencies right away!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
roomsdirector1167, Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Drodd1,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent experience at the hotel. I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay.

As part of the registration process, hotels will establish credit with a hold of a particular amount for incidental charges made during the guest's stay. If the guest does not purchase anything else, the hold is released within a few days of departure. I apologize for any incorrect charges, we may have made and hope that you have reached out to the hotel so we can make the appropriate corrections.

Again we appreciate your feedback and assure you that any mistakes will be corrected.

Danita Harth-Bates
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We chose this hotel because my husband is a platinum member. We got upgraded to a bigger room but without a view. it was lovely still. The location of the hotel was just by the riverwalk. It is not next to the mall but walking distance.
This is the second time we are staying in a westin chain during this US trip and not quite happy with the service. The check in was slow, and their staff at the counter doesnt know what the platinum benefits are. Im still giving it a 5 because we had good night sleep in the heavenly bed, the location of the hotel is fantastic, and breakfast buffet was great! parking is not in the building, it is across the street with a flat rate.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Zetster
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

This place gets high marks in all areas. Are they perfect? No, but they are sincere in their effort. Not cheap, but well located on a quite stretch of riverwalk, with a nice restaurant and coffee shop on premises. We will be staying here again without hesitation.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 17 October 2017

This is a comfortable hotel in a great location. The rating or 4 out of 5 is based on the quality of the room. If we tool the food and the service into account it would be a rating of 3. We stayed two nights and had a room with a balcony overlooking the river walk. This makes for a much more pleasant outlook. The breakfast was very poor. The room was well appointed and was clean. The staff was helpful but not overly so. There was a section at reception for SPG members but everyone seemed to line up there and get served in turn. The check in was very slow. There was no refrigerator in the room which is common for USA. Also no kettle for tea drinking Australians.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you Peter4006 for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. However, it is unfortunate to read that you did not experience 100% guest satisfaction during your visit. Your comments have been reviewed and shared with our management team. We certainly apologize for the issues you encountered. I can assure you that your experience, albeit discouraging, is not indicative of the type of overall experience that we typically provide.

Thank you again for your comment and we welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that we are able to provide the quality of stay and service you have every right to expect from the Westin Riverwalk.

Reed Randolph

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is a Great place to stay at the Riverwalk. Valet parking is available at a reasonable price. Rooms are nice and comfortable with most amenities available. We found the staff to be very courteous and willing to assist.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Hello dd78746,
Thank you for the kind review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope to see you back soon!

Reed Randolph, GM