“really like this hotel”

Ranked #17 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Nicole G, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Write a ReviewReviews (3,272)

Reviewed 21 October 2017

My biggest complaint would be the housekeeping staff after my first day I went and spoke with one of the managers of the hotel to let them know I had mold in my shower and my coffee tray was not replenished two days in a row. He did have that taken care of rather quickly. On my sixth day I had housekeeping randomly knocking on my door and then realized it was the wrong room that happen three times then I had a person open my door without knocking or announcing themselves as housekeeping and when they realized I was in the room apologized and ran out . My mistake was also not reading the bottled water in the room policy in the first sentence I read complementary water what I didn’t realize it was only for Hyatt Regency club members and was charged for the bottle of water each day I stayed . I will say that the location was wonderful and the conference rooms were very nice and the food was excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Tania T, Director of Sales at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay in San Antonio. Your time, comments and assessment of our service is greatly appreciated and we are very sorry that we missed the mark with your service expectations during your stay. This is not the standard of service that either of us expects and especially to you as our valued guest. Please know your comments will be shared and utilized for us all to learn and grow.
We do hope that when your travels bring you back to San Antonio, that you will give us another opportunity to regain your faith and confidence in the Hyatt Regency San Antonio.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Traveling a lot for business, I have the advantage of staying at hotels on someone else’s dime. However, when I do stay somewhere I always ask myself “Would I stay here if I was paying?” The answer to this question regarding this hotel is “Maybe”

Positives:
1. Convenient- The Riverwalk is literally out the back door. Local shops, bars and restaurants are all within a very short walk which makes it nice when traveling for business. This hotel will definitely save you the cost of renting a car if your meetings are at the hotel or relatively close by.
2. The Alamo- if the Alamo is what you want then you are in luck. The historic Alamo is a 1.5 minute walk from the hotel...can’t get much closer.
3. Hotel Bar- this hotel has a very nice bar/lounge and the staff is very nice. Drinks are a bit pricey. Other hotels in the area offer a free cocktail hour - but not here.
4. Nice workout facilities and rooftop pool- as long as there are only a few people going to the gym or pool at the same time. Can get a bit crowded after 7 or 8 of us stopped in.

Negatives
1. When I checked in for my conference the receptionist gave me all the wrong information and had me believing I was in the WAY wrong place. Turns out she was handing out he wrong flyer because she “ran out” of the correct ones. Um....???
2. The fridge in my room was broken. Although the hotel was quick to replace it- it took 12 hours and my own muscle to have the old one removed. The only good thing- my 3rd complaint earned me a $70.00 credit on the room (too bad I wasn’t paying!)
3. Rooms- Beware of SUPER starchy sheets. Request the same sheets for a few nights so you can break them in. By the last night- I got them just right.
4. The conference rooms were FREEZING. Bring a sweater. Nuff said.
5. Food- meh. Lucky for us there were plenty of options outside of the hotel.

So, while not horrible I would say just “convenient”. I would definitely research my options before settling on this hotel if paying for it yourself. If you are staying there for business- it will do the job for a few nights just don’t expect to have a “cozy” stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Hi Nichole R,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our property. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our convenient Riverwalk and Alamo location, our Q Bar, and our rooftop pool and gym; however, we are disappointed to hear of your negative experience during your check-in process, the fridge in your room, the sheets, and the comfortability of the conference rooms. We are happy to hear that the food options outside of the hotel were of great service for you! Please know your comments will be shared and utilized for us all to learn and grow. Your time, comments and assessment of our service is greatly appreciated and I am very sorry that we missed the mark with your service expectations during your stay.

Best,

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Room was clean and quiet. On-site restaurant was high quality, though with so many offerings on the Riverwalk, why eat at the restaurant? Rooftop pool is heated and was great for an early-morning dip as the sun rose over San Antonio.

Location is terrific for walking to restaurants, bars, the Alamo and a number of other tourist attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the atrium, the Riverwalk, or the Alamo.