“Burgers and Beer”

Ranked #418 of 5,108 Restaurants in San Antonio
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Relax over your choice of burgers and a Seasonal Beer on draft. The half pounder feeds more than one....fried pickles are the best chips in the house. The mushroom burger and the jalapeno burger are both excellent.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Had excellent, prompt service from bartender since I sat at the bar during lunch. Had my tea and order placed in less than 4 minutes from walking in the door. The chili cheeseburger was great. Chili a little runnier than I make it but tasted great. Burger was wider than the large bun which is a big plus. Had armadillo eggs which were a first for me. they were tasty, one jalapeno per crunchy tortilla and cheese which I added hot sauce. Good flavor. They kept my tea glass full and the servers, and whom I assumed to be manager and possibly owner all checked to make sure everything was good. All thanked me when I left. Great customer service! Wished I would have found this place two days earlier when I arrived!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Driving from the San Antonio Airport to our hotel. We preferred to bypass the airport food options and were looking for something along the way. An internet search gave us Armadillos and fairly good directions. We were a bit skeptical at first given the outward appearance but choices were limited. I glad we gave them a chance. We had fast and friendly service. The menu is rather simple but provides variety, especially in the burger choices. Everything we ordered was cooked to perfection. Best of all the prices were the most reasonable we saw for the next week inSan Antonio.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Parking was odd as it was across the street and the sign gets hidden when people park. I had to drive by and turn around to see it. The service is not good at all. I asked for a beer menu and the girl said they do not have a beer menu. I asked if they had ciders and she said she didn't know what that was. The burger and sweet potato fries are good and cheap but I have had better for around the same price.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I was invited by a friend to try the mushroom burger and the sweet potato fries and I was pleasantly surprised because everything tasted great! The fries were thin, crispy and flavorful. The burger was big and delicious. It is a great place, definitely going back to try the rest of the menu.

Date of visit: June 2017