All reviews bordeaux room off street parking magnolia room king william neighborhood within walking distance guenther house the river walk coffee and juice two blocks walked everywhere room was spacious location was perfect stayed nights hosts madhatter riverwalk texas
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Deb and Kit are gracious and accommodating innkeepers. The property is in the charming King William neighborhood within walking distance of the River Walk. We stayed in the Bordeaux Room. This room is spacious with all the amenities one would need. I highly recommend A Yellow Rose Bed and Breakfast.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RayNS1914
ayellowrose, Owner at A Yellow Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Thank you! I am so happy that you were happy.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

My wife and I stayed here March 31-April 2. It was a good location within easy walk of the Alamo and The River Walk. It was also close to a number of small unique restaurants. We stayed in the Magnolia room. It was spacious, clean, and quiet.
This B & B is unusual as it offers different price levels depending on what you chose to do for breakfast. Since we were going to be up and gone before the full breakfast was served, we chose to have just coffee and juice in the morning. It worked well for us. The hosts were very accommodating and we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bogeyjds
Reviewed 29 March 2017

From the front it was a little hard to identify because I didn't see a sign, but the room was great (I was in the Bluebonnet room, which was perfect because the bluebonnets were blooming in Texas at the time and I fell in love with them! Parking is either in the back or on the street, I would park on the street because it is a tight turnaround in the back! The hosts were so nice and I paid for the hot breakfast in the morning and it was AMAZING! She brought my tray with a breakfast enchilada with potatoes, fresh cantaloupe and chocolate chip bread! It was SO good! And there was a French Press coffee maker in the room as well. It was about a 10 minute walk to the Riverwalk, so very centrally located!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Anne S
Reviewed 12 October 2016

Everything was seamless although we didn't get to interact with the couple that owns the place much. The room was huge and comfortable, very quiet, and we got off street parking. KW is a beautiful neighborhood and the yellow rose is just a couple of blocks from restaurants (B, L, or D) and bars. In a doz trips over the last two years we have bounced around staying downtown near the riverwalk (large properties and boutique) and up by the airport for a quick trip when we would not have much time to do anything. We love the area and the yellow rose is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheDudeHouston
ayellowrose, Owner at A Yellow Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Thanks for taking time to write such a nice review. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. We try to give our guests privacy but I hope you knew we were available. Thanks!

Reviewed 3 August 2016

This is a comfortable B&B. Plenty of room. Parking in the back. Can walk to Alamo area in 15-20 minutes. There are some good restaurants nearby. It would help a lot if there were a map of the close-by and downtown areas. One apparently was supposed to be available, but non delivered even if we requested it.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business