La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$174
US$104
Hotel Valencia Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$224
US$210
  • Restaurant
US$205
US$178
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$236/night.

US$139
US$261
US$156
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Sunset Suites-Riverwalk(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$117
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

3,502 results
All reviewsrooftop poolcork barthe rivermarriage islandsuite hotelbeautiful hotelliving roomcity viewlarge bathroomvalet parkingsitting areala villitathe san antonio riverwalkvalet staffking suitethe entire staffconvention center
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

The Hotel Contessa is a lovely hotel, beautifully appointed. Interior decorator to be commended!
The staff is absolutely wonderful. Very friendly and warm, and so very helpful with any matter.
The food in the hotel is also delicious.
Situated on The Riverwalk, it is perfectly located to visit many areas. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
BHIGeneralManager, General Manager at Hotel Contessa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Cynthia,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay and for offering such great feedback! While I'm not surprised, we value your comments about our excellent staff and they always love to hear our guests' feedback. Thanks for choosing Contessa! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

My wife and I very much enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Contessa. The staff was extremely friendly. One note to keep in mind for all Texans, Texas residents receive a special discount when booking a room through this hotels' website.
If there was a downside to this hotel, none of the rooms have a balcony.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank TomAg80

Tom,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay! I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to San Antonio and Hotel Contessa and I hope you'll come back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Contessa on the River Walk for a wedding in San Antonio. It was wonderful! Walk out to the River Walk, just a minute from shops and restaurants. The staff was friendly - especially our waiter, George Ortiz. He treated us like family. We loved it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review your stay! I'm certainly glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the location was so convenient for you. Thanks for mentioning George! Our staff always loves to hear guest feedback and we'll make sure he gets the recognition he deserves! We hope you'll come visit us here at Contessa again soon.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

My wife and I had a meeting in San Antonio and the group stayed at Hotel Contessa. We were excited because it was close to the Riverwalk. They would not honor the group rate of $199 a night (which is really over $240 a night with all the taxes and even a "resort" fee) and charged me over $367 a night ($436.29 a night). The rooms were very dated and the decor in need of a renovation. The "resort" amenities I am not sure of.
As luck (unlucky for them) would have it, the guy next to me in my meeting was also late making arrangements, balked at the rate but got $239 a night after much wrangling and going back to the meeting organizer. They bill themselves as being on the Riverwalk but our room/suite was not in view of any water.

The toilet leaks due to the chain being disconnected which I fixed myself. There was hair in the corner of the bathroom from previous guests.

There are other, better and more reasonably priced hotels nearby. We loved San Antonio and the Riverwalk and have been here multiple times. But we won't be coming back to Hotel Contessa.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the riverwalk....the views from the other sides of the hotel are poor.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Doug w

Doug,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at Hotel Contessa. I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your experience due to issues with booking outside of the group block. Due to high business demand, we do hold our groups to cutoff dates and are unable to honor every request outside of it. That said, I do appreciate your feedback about the bathroom and the cleanliness of your room, which have been addressed with our housekeeping department. I'm disappointed you were unable to experience the hotel's many amenities including our rooftop pool, fitness center, and full-service spa. If you do choose to stay with us again, I want to assure you that we have direct access to the Riverwalk. Simply take the elevator down to the River Level where you can walk straight out to the river! Thanks again for taking time to review your stay with us. We wish you all the best.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

There are many lodging options in San Antonio, and more than just a few are on the Riverwalk. Without seeing any others I still gotta believe that we chose the best one. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The restaurant (Las Ramblas) offers fine dining as well as delicious breakfasts. The Cork Bar offers adult beverages and lighter food fare, as well. Easy access to the Riverwalk is appreciated. Our favorite, though, was the rooftop pool.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay and for providing such great feedback! I truly appreciate all of your kind words and I'm thrilled that you had such a great experience at Hotel Contessa. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for some more time up at the pool!