2,417 results
All reviews ernie's bar great location plantation shutters the river walk waffles alamo grounds tortillas rivercenter mall within walking distance rooms are small fresh fruit valet parking convention center an older hotel historic building free breakfast directly across the street
Reviewed 19 October 2017

If you want to stay at a big fancy new pretentious hotel, this isn't your place. If you want to go back in time to a really comfortable hotel with lots of character, historic but nicely brought up to date, then this is definitely your place. It's right next to the Alamo, and a one minute walk from the Riverwalk. My room was huge and clean, the bathroom area was huge and clean, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was good. But most of all, it was so pleasant to come back each day to a place that had history and spirit, not a place that was all glitz and pretense with no soul. And I can't forget to say that the price was MUCH better than the nearby Marriotts and Hiltons and Hyatts and whatevers.

Room Tip: My only complaint is that my big room had only one piece of art on the wall, so it was sort of spartan in that regard. Of course, no art is better than crappy art. But I expect they could find some good art, and I hope they do.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CrockettGM, General Manager at Crockett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thank you for your review. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I enjoyed my stay here. it was close to everything we wanted to do. The Alamo was across the street. The hop on Hop off bus tour was right there. we walked to every where we wanted to go. Once we parked the car for the week we never got back in it. The river walk was within walking distance. the room was nice. It just had a bed and a TV. But that's all we needed. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and nice. The breakfast was good and hot every day. I will be returning and when I do I will stay at the place again if there is an opening.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank KathyC1712
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Interesting and quirky hotel. Close to river walk and Alamo. Other options are available so check out around you first. Walking distance from a ton of other attractions. The hotel is nice and well priced for the area.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I was going to stay with a business associate in the river center Marriott, but the room was so small and the facility mediocre so I researched nearby accommodations. I found the Crockett practically next door and booked it. My room was twice the size. The facilities were better. I had a refrigerator, free water, an in-room Keurig, and a super comfortable large room & bed. All the staff were wonderful, the breakfast decent, and I could see the Alamo wall immediately across the street when I walked out. The hotel was built in 1909 and has been kept up to date. It was a 10 minute relaxing scenic walk via the river walk to the conference center. There is a shortcut through the large river center Mall.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I was in charge of a reunion group of 20 couples and we choose the Crockett Hotel because it was near the Alamo, River Center Mall and the River walk. They gave us a great group rate and the staff was very accommodating of our needs! The rooms were newly remodeled and very clean! It also included a very great breakfast with lots of choices. Our entire group was extremely pleased with all the accommodations- a real San Antonio gem!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends