“San Antonio”
Review of Crockett Hotel

Crockett Hotel
Ranked #16 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Great Location to The Alamo, Riverwalk and Historic District.The front desk was very helpful in pointing out places of interest. We were pleasantly surprised at all the sites to see. Would have been nice to stay one more day to see more. Love the history of the old missions at the national park. It is worth the drive.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CrockettGM, General Manager at Crockett Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thank you for being our recent guest and sharing a review of your time in our historic city. We are glad we could help with sightseeing suggestions. We hope you get to plan a future trip to take in even more of the Alamo City. We will be here for you when you do.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,125)

Reviewed 19 October 2017

If you want to stay at a big fancy new pretentious hotel, this isn't your place. If you want to go back in time to a really comfortable hotel with lots of character, historic but nicely brought up to date, then this is definitely your place. It's right next to the Alamo, and a one minute walk from the Riverwalk. My room was huge and clean, the bathroom area was huge and clean, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was good. But most of all, it was so pleasant to come back each day to a place that had history and spirit, not a place that was all glitz and pretense with no soul. And I can't forget to say that the price was MUCH better than the nearby Marriotts and Hiltons and Hyatts and whatevers.

Room Tip: My only complaint is that my big room had only one piece of art on the wall, so it was sort of spart...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I enjoyed my stay here. it was close to everything we wanted to do. The Alamo was across the street. The hop on Hop off bus tour was right there. we walked to every where we wanted to go. Once we parked the car for the week we never got back in it. The river walk was within walking distance. the room was nice. It just had a bed and a TV. But that's all we needed. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and nice. The breakfast was good and hot every day. I will be returning and when I do I will stay at the place again if there is an opening.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy C
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Interesting and quirky hotel. Close to river walk and Alamo. Other options are available so check out around you first. Walking distance from a ton of other attractions. The hotel is nice and well priced for the area.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I was going to stay with a business associate in the river center Marriott, but the room was so small and the facility mediocre so I researched nearby accommodations. I found the Crockett practically next door and booked it. My room was twice the size. The facilities were better. I had a refrigerator, free water, an in-room Keurig, and a super comfortable large room & bed. All the staff were wonderful, the breakfast decent, and I could see the Alamo wall immediately across the street when I walked out. The hotel was built in 1909 and has been kept up to date. It was a 10 minute relaxing scenic walk via the river walk to the conference center. There is a shortcut through the large river center Mall.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
East Side
Hyatt Regency San Antonio
Hyatt Regency San Antonio
#20 of 358 in San Antonio

Been to Crockett Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crockett Hotel

Address: 320 Bonham, San Antonio, TX 78205-2083
Region: United States > Texas > San Antonio
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#25 Romantic Hotel in San Antonio
#38 Family Hotel in San Antonio
#57 Business Hotel in San Antonio
Price Range: €110 - €220 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Crockett Hotel 3*
A recommended hotel in San Antonio for families. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crockett Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Crockett Hotel San Antonio