“Gross”

Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Harlandale
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Ordered the 10 piece and while taking bit of my first piece noticed hair in batter. When brought this to manager attention they were going to give me a $4.00 discount. I assumed they were going to comp whole order as what an disappointing experience as a customer to have to go through. Waitress asked me if I still wanted to take remainder of order home so said that would be fine until realizing they were still gonna charge me for it. Not once was the cashier or owner apologetic in any way. I was extremely dissatisfied with the way the situation was handled. That experience cost them several customers. Taking $4.00 off an order for having a hair embedded in batter does not accommodate the situation in my opinion. What poor customer service and quality of food

4  Thank Alegna413

Reviewed 18 November 2013

After reading the decent reviews on here, I was hopeful. I pulled up outside, and it looked like a dump. We decided to go inside because sometimes the best food comes from the holes in the wall. We walked inside, and it smelled like urine, and I told myself it was a seafood smell. We sat down, and the waitress was nice and brought chips and salsa and they were good. I ordered a margarita and it was delicious. I ordered enchiladas, and they were ok. My husband got beef tacos, and it was a pile of gristle. The kids got shrimp tacos, and it was taco shells with boiled shrimp inside. The only decent thing was the beans. I was so looking forward to this, and I was really disappointed. If you are more comfortable with restaurants that are updated and clean, then do not go here. Ours was a folding table with a tablecloth on top. It looked like the restaurant had not been cleaned in a while. It was dirty and run down. I actually feel bad writing this because I am sure they are decent people, but it was just very disappointing. I am guessing that the people who wrote reviews probably aren't vacationing, but are locals who are just more used to this type of restaurant. Where I live, a place like this would be out of business in a matter of weeks.

5  Thank Myndseye
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Pablo was amazing. I had the marlin fish tacos...they were to die for! Don't let the outside fool you, I will surely be coming back.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

Now that's what I call a plate of fried fish! 2 huge planks served with the obligatory green salad and rice, french fries, and white bread? That's enough starch for three buttoned-down shirts! Not sure why the white bread, but I have noticed service of the same in other seafood restaurants that are also muy Mexicano. Love the brothy soup that is served gratis and most unexpectedly before the meal, unless you have been here before - almost a bouillabaisse, but it is mostly stock.

The clientele usually gives me and my rubia wife a bit of a once over as we enter and are seated. Not derisively enough to make us want to leave, however. Wait service was good (wherein we sometimes get the gringo dry-gulch when we patronize eateries with predominantly hispanic clientele). This might be a bit disconcerting for the uninitiated. I suppose it helps that I speak Spanish.

Have been back a number of times again for the fish and the shrimp. Have not been disappointed except for the tartar sauce - it's the barely sweet mostly sour kind that I cannot abide, so we bring our own from Sea Island or just use a good squeeze or two of lime which is the more traditional condiment.

1  Thank OmniEpicurean
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

Great place 2 eat seafood no wait time away from the crowded n stinking downtown. Very good prices not like the over priced restaurants by riverwalk. Reminds me of a few seafood placea in Spring Branch. Houston