“Great food for the price. ”

Capparelli's On Main
Ranked #313 of 5,107 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

Wonderful atmosphere in a great location in a cute neighborhood. Large portions. Very good food! Super friendly staff.

1  Thank mgsatx

Reviewed 9 July 2015

One of my work friends LOVES this place. I think it is pretty ordinary. It is OK, but not really anything special. They do have a nice outdoor patio.

Reviewed 25 March 2015

This is better than good, but not great. My wife had the Chicken Picatta and enjoyed it, with its lemony, creamy sauce. I enjoyed the Lasagna, because it was made "the right way", with sliced meatballs, sliced Italian sausage and mozzarella cheese and ricotta cheese. It also had mushrooms. A lot of places nowadays use solely ricotta cheese and the meat is either ground meat within or even in the sauce; sorry but that's just not traditional. So the lasagna was excellent. Except that the sauce was very thin with no body, almost like tomato soup! The flavor was mild and OK, but tomato sauce should have more body. My wife had a side of rigatoni pasta with her chicken and the rigatoni had the same thin marinara sauce. The complimentary garlic bread was like soft hoagie rolls toasted; not a good hearty crusty french or italian bread as it should be. So, with that thin sauce, hence the deduction of a point (and another half if I could). Service was very good and the place was clean and inviting. We would go again but not before trying other choices.

1  Thank joekewl
Reviewed 17 March 2015

We go here often. Love the food and the staff. Great wine selection and great atmosphere. Oh, the Garlic bread is awesome.

1  Thank Craig E
Reviewed 6 February 2015

We tried this restaurant with a family group. For most of us the food was OK, and the waiter was very attentive. I was disappointed in the Pizza because it was a thick-crust type; however, I should have asked before I ordered. Two of our party had Crab Cakes and when they got home they got sick to their stomachs. Most people judge a restaurant based on one meal. My wife and I have sometimes tried a restaurant a second time when the first visit was so-so, and we are sometimes pleasantly surprised. But we draw the line when someone gets sick from a restaurant's food. We will not be giving Capparelli's On Main a second chance.