“Good, but only just”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 1 February 2015

My wife and stopped into Capparelli's while visiting the area on a business trip. I had a meatball entrée and my wife had the Chicken Marsalis. The food was ok, if a bit bland. The service however was solid. The place has a nice atmosphere and is clean. Its entirely possible I had a menu item that maybe wasn't a house specialty.

Date of visit: January 2015
1  Thank Cory K

Reviewed 24 January 2015 via mobile

This is a hole in the wall Italian place that has the best Italian food around! The staff is great, and the atmosphere is family and friends. I try to go here every time I come to San Antonio.

Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

We went in on New Years Eve and they graciously found us a table. Service friendly and outstanding. Food was great. Relaxing and festive atmosphere. Went back after the Alamo Bowl and tried the pizza. Excellent! Live music perfect for a romantic evening.

Date of visit: January 2015
2  Thank VOLUNTEERMOM
Reviewed 14 December 2014

Grace is what's missing in most San Antonio dining experiences, but here they exude it in spades. The food is quality, but what makes this place stand out is its exceptional service and warm ambiance. The space is intimate yet not cramped, and the staff are clearly all on the same page, moving through the two-story setting like rehearsed actors in a play. Their level of polish is commendable, both for the staff themselves and the manager training them.

Our waitress was Asia, and our group was seriously impressed by her understated grace, amiability, and attention to detail. Though this is a relatively small restaurant and that makes harmony more readily achievable, restaurant managers and servers alike could learn a lot by having a meal here on a busy Friday or Saturday evening. It's a great place for a group of adults, a family, or a date.

Go early to avoid a wait, and don't be in a huge rush. They seem to take extra care in the preparation process, so if you are in a hurry, go somewhere plastic. If you want a more original ambiance and personalized aura, give Capparelli's On Main a try.

Date of visit: December 2014
2  Thank Russell B
Reviewed 29 October 2014

Went with wife on way to Symphony and needed quick supper between events. Our waiter was Joazine (waa zeen.. my name spelling is assumed, but pronunciation is good). He very professionally got us in and out in short order in a calm fashion. Kept drinks filled and was not a nuisance.
I had the Lasagna, which is pretty darn good. Not the most exotic thing on the menu, but it was ready. They cooked Red Snapper to my wife's personal order to perfection. Everything was good as usual.
I have been eating at Caparelli's Restaurants for over 40 years, and they are dependable and good. As a kid, we used to get pizza's from them and they were excellent. Haven't had one in awhile, but need to revisit them.

Date of visit: October 2014