“Great food and great prices.”

Ding How Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #744 of 5,107 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Business meetings
Good for: Business meetings
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We have been coming here for over 25 years and we still enjoy it every time. I remember my mom bringing me here when I was a teenager. I didn't really like Chinese food since I had only tried the fast food restaurants at the mall. I immediately fell in love with their Lemon Chicken and Fried Rice but all their dishes are excellent. The decor in the restaurant is beautiful and the servers are very nice and hospitable.I highly, highly recommend this place to all tourists and locals.

Ding How R, Public Relations Manager at Ding How Chinese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Jorge,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciate it!

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Ding How is the restaurant on stilts in N.W. San Antonio that is a sister restaurant to the venerable Hung Fong restaurant , owned by the Huey family. This restaurant has been around a while and frankly I was a bit leary, but I am happy to say the food was delicious and service was quick while being friendly. The soups were very tasty, egg roll was very good and our entres delicious. We ordered a combination that consisted of two different dishes and the servings were ample. A nice surprise from an older restaurant.

Steven,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate it!

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Went to lunch there today. Ordered the lunch Kung Bo. It was served quickly, yay. But I would have been happy to wait another few minutes to have HOT food. It was cold groom temperatures. Yuck! Further, the spicy dish was BLAND. I had one bite and couldn't eat. The waitress came by. I told her how unhappy I was. She just asked if I wanted a Togo Box! We paid and went to another restaurant for a real lunch. Won't go back!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is a gem for Chinese food in San Antonio. The restaurant itself is beautifully decorated with some amazing pieces of art on the walls. The food is delicious, pretty extensive menu and generous portions.
Most of the staff has been there for many years. On this occasion I had lunch with a friend who has some health issues and needs to be particularly careful with the amount of sodium on his food. The staff proved to be very knowledgeable about their dishes and made a special request to the kitchen to prepare his dishes with less sodium.
Also, the prices are excellent.
Overall a great experience!

FlyWithKids,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We appreciate it!

Reviewed 25 June 2017

We had not been here in years but my parents love the place and MY dad of 96 says its the best lemon chicken in town! It was pretty good, I have to admit but be careful if you change the lunch special in any way or you get charged extra. We wanted fried rice v/s steamed rice and it cost extra which is not a problem but their fried rice is not much different from steamed rice to us? So its not worth paying extra for what they called fried rice. Its not even browned but it was good so I will just warn folks expecting typical fried rice. Great service and the food was good and for a lunch special it was a good