“Neighborhood Notable”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

If you haven’t been; you should at least give it a try. Allow some time; as there may be a little wait. Locals know this place and come back time and again.
While not fine dining; it is a great place for some comfort food and a Schooner of beer. Once seated, service was fast.
Stopped in for lunch and had the fish special. Good sized piece of fish, a couple onion rings, slaw and fries for $7. Other specials included a really nice Chicken Fried Chicken. Worth the wait.
Parking can be found in multiple Davis lots across the streets and behind the building.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Always looking for a new place, this one was suggested on a social media website. Why not.. so we gave it a shot. We noted a local crowd scene, so we figured it was good. This is an interesting place.. tables are very close together, so there is not a lot of privacy. The service was good, as well as the food. Be prepared to wait if you come past 5:30 or so!

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Recommend and decided to try it for my dad birthday day, the place is small and because it’s small there was a long wait there was no where to wait so cramped inside since it was cold outside . Once we were seated we had to move to fit our party in a better table, the waitress took a while to get organize and finally take our drink order and our food order. My wife asked for chicken breast tacos and was told they don’t have any she would have to order a chicken breast then cut it her self to put in taco, she then ask if she can get 2 shredded chicken taco and they said they have it in 3s finally they said they would do the 2 and when my wife ask to put cheese in them they said they can’t they can only put cheese on top of them. I don’t under how difficult it was to grant the request, the food it self is not very good the tortillas are not home made and for what I paid I could have gone to a better spot where the food was better and they would take my request, even the parking lot is small. Not worth the wait, I will not visit again.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

OK...everyone this is your “Hole in the Wall” where the locals eat. The fried fish is either fried pollack or cod....get the cheaper one by $1.00...that would be the pollack. It’s the most popular. CF steak is also great. Don’t forget the Mexican food. I’ve been eating here for over 50 years. Now for the best part...order a large ice cold “Schooner” that’s 2 beers in a large mug. So cold it will make your eyes hurt. Very dark inside for privacy???

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

MK Davis is a great place to get a cold schooner of beer or a schooner of margaritas. We all had sea food and it was delicious. Shrimp and fish were delicious.service was great.