“My favorite chain restaurant”
Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
Ranked #279 of 5,107 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: P.F. Chang's is a restaurant concept that honors the 2,000-year-old Asian tradition of wok cooking and believes in making food from scratch every day in every restaurant. With a Farm to Wok food philosophy at its core, P.F. Chang's chefs hand-roll dim sum, hand chop and slice all vegetables and meats, handcraft every sauce and wok-cook each recipe, every day in every restaurant using fresh ingredients. With roots in Chinese cooking, the culinary landscape at P.F. Chang's now stretches across Asia with diverse, culturally inspired recipes including hand-rolled sushi, Vietnamese-style soups and bowls, traditional Chinese dim sum, wok-fired chicken and beef entrees, and family style noodles and rice. All made from scratch every day.
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

I don't always eat at chain restaurants, but when I do...I prefer P. F. Chang's. And while I usually enjoy local independent restaurants, but sometimes you need something good and familiar. Just like a McDonald's is a McDonald's, not good but consistent; P F C is a chain that delivers consistently good Americanized Chinese food.

I ordered a small crab wonton appetizer which consisted of 4 pieces in a plum sauce. Hot, crispy, on real crabby though. Followed with an orange chicken, large chunks fried crispy in a orange sauce with strips of orange zest, served with brown rice. It was as good as usual although I couldn't finish the large portion.

If I could change one thing about the restaurant, I'd offer a sampler plate for diners who want a variety in their meal. Otherwise go with a group and share.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

We love PF Chang’s in Clearwater, Florida and were looking forward to our lunch here. The food was just as good, but the service of food coming out of the kitchen was so slow that it got irritating. Our server was apologetic, but they must have been short handed or unorganized in the kitchen. Not the best experience.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I am a constant visitor to PF Chang’s. I have enjoyed the menu at various locations thru out our great country. This location is hands down the tip of the spear of all that I have had the opportunity to partake in. The food quality is second to none coupled with the friendly, professional, caring and relatable staff members (if you sit at the bar be prepared to be made to feel as if your the most important person in the establishment. Say hi to Rebecca and Michael while there. They are incredible). The food freshness and temperature are to die for. If ever in the Quarry and you find yourself trying to decide where to eat, stop the wondering. Come enjoy the best in Asian cuisine. You will thank me for it. Whether the Kung Pao Shrimp or the Hokkien Street, you will not be disappointed. Salute.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Wait time was not long for 5 people on a Saturday night. Server was not that good, she hardly checked on us and left us without refills for quite a while (longer than 10 mins). We ordered pork fried rice, sweet and sour chicken, chicken salad and a steak dish with juliened veggies. The food was really good, which was the highlight of the evening. The ambiance was nice, not too bright but not too dark. We would go back again, but would hope for a better server as that would make the whole visit that much better.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

My family ordered takeout at lunch and our entrees were less than average. The pepper steak was not cooked long enough and was gray, pink in the middle and rubbery. The sauce was runny and just tasteless. The chicken entree was bathed in siracha which has never been the case in the past. The rice was completely dried out, as well. We have always eaten at P.F. Chang's at least once a month for many, many years. The La Cantera location is ten times better, but we were all so turned off that we may never go back to any location. Such a disappointment.

1  Thank truetexangurl