“Excellent”

Paesano's Riverwalk
Reserve with OpenTable
Paesano's Riverwalk is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 5,108 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Groups, View
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Excellent dinner. I had the chicken Parmesan which was both large in portions and in flavor. The house salad also had great flavors and a tasty dressing. We ate inside because it was roughly 1 million degrees outside (and humid) and enjoyed the indoor ambiance. Kudos to Julian our waiter.

Date of visit: September 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,282)

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We chose Paesano's, where we usually eat outside along the river but since it was such a HOT August day, we elected to eat inside. Mistake! The inside is so loud it was impossible for us to carry on a conversation. My husband had the famous Shrimp Paesano, which he loves, as his appetizer while I had a salad. We shared spaghetti and glad we did since the servings are large, (we are old and don't eat much). We were comfortably full when we left. Im sure we will go back because we enjoy eating there but not inside next time!

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Dinner on Saturday evening of Labor Day weekend didn't disappoint! Our waiter suggested a lovely Le Volte Dell Ornellaia Toscana red wine ~ a bit pricey but worth it!! It paired well with my baked ziti pasta dinner with Italian sausage and my hubby's chicken parmigiana. Desserts of bread pudding (my favorite!) and crême brulée (Hubby's) with hot tea and a cappuccino completed our wonderful meal. Truly a lovely dining experience! We ate inside but diners can also enjoy a table along the riverwalk. <3

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 3 September 2018

I thought my lasagna was fantastic, my son and hubby both enjoyed their meals, and my daughter loved, loved, loved her stuffed shells, despite them being burnt on the outside (she just ate the filling which was outstanding). Don't waste your time on the side salads, kinda spends for what they were. Also, look out for how you are being charged if you enjoy some wine. Service was good and food was solid overall.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

So we visited this place in 2015 and I dont remember it being like this. First it was $26(×2) for chicken parmesan thats a little high. So we ordered it and this isn't a joke he goes to the back to type the order in, he brings out the bread and our food comes out at the same time (a total of maybe 3 mins). So i paid a total of $82 for food they didn't take pride making and it was 2 hours before they closed so their isn't any excuse. The PARMESAN CRUSTED CHICKEN BREAST wasn't good at all the chicken just didn't taste seasoned it's like they just didn't care. I feel like i paid a high price for fast food quality. Let me take that back fast food restaurants put a little bit more pride in what they do then this place. They charged us $12 (×2) per alcohol drinks i expect that. They will never take my hard earn money again. They have a lot of Italian restaurants in San Antonio so we'll try someplace else next time. I don't mind paying money for good quality food just put a little bit of pride in your work. I felt rushed. Since i can't give it no stars the waiter gets the one star because it wasn't his fault.