“Elegant Italian Rest on Riverwalk”

Paesano's Riverwalk
Reserve with OpenTable
Paesano's Riverwalk is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #138 of 5,053 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Romantic, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We ended in Paesanos as we tried to change sides on the riverwalk by going up to the street and down back. Apparently we ended on another Riverwalk We asked for inside a/c table since temperatures in june are soaring above 90 f in SA. Excellent service and food fare. I had the shrimp Paesano on garlic butter sauce. Superb! Recomended...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,266)

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Came here with my wife on our last night in San Antonio. The first surprise was the menu, it had a nice variety of dishes. We ordered a shrimp and pasta dish as well as a seafood pasta plate. Both were excellent. The prices range from medium to high prices but it's worth it... recommend this restaurant for a date or special occasion.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

We were visiting the Riverwalk for a week and my wife wanted to try Paesano's for pasta. From the time we were seated, the server (Josh) seemed like he had an attitude or something! It was 4:00pm, so it wasn't like they were busy and he was stressed because of that or anything. As my wife was trying to order, he cut her off a couple of times and spoke to her very disrespectfully. I was fully prepared to get up and walk out after he took our order, as I was so appalled, but my wife wanted to stay. The food was good, but we didn't enjoy it as much, because of the poor service and the way the server (Josh) spoke to my wife. I couldn't even look at him because I was so angry and biting my lip, trying not to say anything to him! Even though the pasta was good, I would never recommend this place, because of the extremely poor service and disrespectful way Josh spoke to my wife. In addition, I asked before we even ordered if we could get separate checks, because I was on business and we needed to keep expenses separate, but Josh acted like I was making things difficult for him! We will never go back! Do yourself a favor and skip this place! There are much better places to eat that appreciate your business and know how to treat their guests!

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

After three days of tex-mex at various aces on the riverwalk we decided to try Paesanos, we were not disappointed.

We were tired of the massive meals we had been getting so we decided to share a artichoke dip appetizer and the Shrimp pasta. Both items were excellent and the service was good.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Veal Marsala was a large "cutlet" and was 1/2 inch or so thick, neither did it have the thin, flat, white appearance of a great veal dish. Marinara was overloaded. Chicken Parm had a large breast stuck on top with blackened bottom crust. Waiter did not listen - missed first beer order and was offended when challenged he got it wrong, then missed second beer order, and missed pasta after looking me in the eye and repeating it. Noise level on lower indoor dining room was somewhere around jet takeoff at the end of the runway. Food was OK, but not above average. Price was too high for quality of food and service.