“A hidden gem”

El Ceviche De Waldito
Ranked #489 of 5,108 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Peruvian
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We found this little Peruvian restaurant accidentally. You walk in, find a table, and go up to where Chef Waldito is dishing out plates of wonderful braised veggies, rice, beans, chicken, and pork. Try some fabulous tea. Use as much of their home made hot sauce as you can - it’s delicious. Get a second plate. You will make the Chef Happy. Say thank you to his lovely wife who brings you tea, takes your check, and makes sure you are happy. Leave with hugs and blessings as you are now family. We went twice and it was wonderful both times.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This is one of my favorite places to eat for lunch. The Chef is a legit Chef! He takes great pride in his meals and you can tell by the taste. This is a hole in the wall located in a strip mall and is easy to overlook. I HIGHLY recommend going to this place for lunch. The Chef and his wife are super friendly! Good prices and excellent food!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Upon arrival, there weren't many cars in the parking lot, but that didn't dissuade us after reading the reviews here. I found it on Yelp and wanted to try this unique restaurant. So, I went with my other half and sat down in the very intimate ambiance awaiting something wonderful. As the owner came by and spoke to us for a little while to gauge our preferences, he was charming and enthusiastic about his love for food and his preparation techniques that he actually made me a vegetarian plate that wasn't on the menu. What a guy! It was great (although the hominy was a tad on the salty/bitter side) and I had no idea what to expect. My boyfriend loved his meat-based meal and I enjoyed mine (especially the plantains). It was a fun experience and I recommend for anyone to try out this Latin American joint!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 18 March 2017

Quality and service provided by Chef Waldo is incredible. My family received 5 star quality food for a 2 star price. The ceviche and lomo saltado was muy rico! Excellent. We traveled to San Antonio for a family vacation. I didn't expect to find excellent South American cuisine in Texas, however our Uber driver Juan from El Salvador married to a Peruvian recommended this restaurant for having the best Ceviche in San Antonio, he was not wrong. Don't pass on this place. Waldito is an experienced chef that has worked in many high end restaurants, you will see his fame on the walls in his restaurant.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank leonardr17
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Came into San Antonio (45 minute drive) to use our groupon at El Ceviche De Waldito. They were supposed to open at 11am. We arrived a few minutes early. They did not open. At 11:20, I tried calling them. No answer. At 11:30, I called groupon and cancelled the Groupon and will get a credit back for future Groupon purchase.

Date of visit: March 2017