1,692 results
All reviewsostrabath butlerthe river walkrooftop cafeturn down servicesteam roombrick walljetted tubfour seasonsroom servicehotel restaurantbottled waterwonderful hotela river view roomla mansionluxury hotelthe entire staff
Reviewed 14 December 2016

This hotel and spa is the best. We have tried a couple of the other hotels and we will never go back to them. The Mokara treats you like you are someone special. Being treated like you count is a treat in itself. When you first walk into the lobby you are greeted by the aroma of leather and in the spa you will be greeted by the aroma of mango. If I could change anything at this hotel it would be the bed. I am accustomed to a memory foam bed and as their beds are good they are not the best for me. But there are always ways around that. We bring our own memory foam topper and they put it on the bed for us. You will have all the bottled water you can drink as well as being given a plush robe and a new pair of slippers during your stay. Your bed gets turned down for you every evening. We come to this hotel around 2 to 3 times a year. The treatment at the spa is absolutely the best. The technicians cater to your every wish and desire. My husband and I have not found anything wrong with this hotel in all the times we have been here. We just love, love, love this place.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 13 December 2016

Incredible hotel! All it provides is 5 Star plus! My #2 hotel in the USA (#1 is The London Hotel in NYC). Would highly recommend it to everyone traveling to San Antonio or if you need a business meeting location.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 12 December 2016

My wife and I have been staying on the riverwalk for our anniversary almost every Christmas season for 18 years, and have been trying to stay here for a while but it never worked out until this trip. It is a little on the expensive side but for special occasions it's well worth the price. This is our "get away from the office and kids" trip. We enjoy walking around the riverwalk, going to the little shops, eating at different restaurants, and whatever else we find.

I booked this trip back in July, I think. Originally, it was for 3 nights but in late October we decided to add another night. There were no issues at all adding the 4th night when we talked to reservations. In fact, any contact we had with staff, over the phone or otherwise, was professionally handled. Everyone was polite and courteous throughout the process of making reservations, scheduling a massage for my wife with the spa, ordering room service, meeting with the spa and hotel concierges... well you get the idea.

Lets talk about the room. I opted for a spa level room. These rooms are on the 2nd floor, same as the spa (this allowed my wife to walk about 30 steps to her massage, in her robe, ready to go). It's kind of a small room but big enough for us. We had a good river view with a small balcony. I always enjoy people-watching on the riverwalk but the weather kept us off the balcony most of the trip. The bathroom had a nice jetted tub, which we didn't use, and a separate shower. The bed was very nice, plenty of pillows, soft mattress, and soft linens.

About the spa; I had scheduled the 100 min. Swedish massage for my wife. She thoroughly enjoyed it. I did take a brief walk through the men's side but I didn't use the facility. You have full use of the dry and wet saunas and whirlpool tub for your entire stay.

The room service was quick, and the food was fantastic. We ordered breakfast a couple of mornings and were more than satisfied with the oatmeal, the omelet, and the continental breakfast.

Overall, this is great little hotel with an excellent location right on the riverwalk. We will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Choose a spa room with a river view.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2016

Great experience at this hotel, loved the perks. Free room service hot tea, coffee or water available at any time. The second floor has the spa located on it so try to get that floor. Also ask for a riverfront view ! I loved sitting on the Balcony watching the people passing by while drinking hot tea. In the evening the turn down service laid out complimentary slippers that you are able to keep.

My favorite thing about the hotel was the wonderful scent!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are on the spa floor.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jamiefromtexas
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Couldn't be more pleased with this trip. Ambience, location, staff, food, all 5 stars. Went on a business trip, will be returning with my family next time we are in the area.

The rooms were exceptionally beautiful. Highly recommend.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business