“Comfortable Room & Great Staff”

Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #15 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Its typically not good to hear that your team had to stay at a different hotel from our conference. However, this was actually a treat. I've stayed at the other resort and this was better. The young fellow behind the desk set the tone making sure we knew that we were special to them.

The room was fantastic and I was well cared for. I only wish I had been able to spend more time here to explore all that this facility has to offer.

The mattress was very comfortable!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I had a wonderful stay at the Eilan, the service was exceptional I had a wonderful checkin experience with J-M Phithllips, he was very welcoming and informative .
my checkout with Alicia was also awesome. this hotel has a wonderful staff, they were at capacity and I never felt like I couldn't get assistance with anything,
I travel all the time so impressing me takes going the extra mile and the staff here does that! the room was beautiful, the grounds were amazing

Room Tip: higher floors have amazing views, the coffee shop downstairs was very nice, we had some great gelato...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Our stay at Eilan was very nice. The hotel is impeccably clean and very well appointed. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a romantic getaway. We spent our ten year anniversary here and were totally satisfied. The area has many nice restaurants and shopping and wine country is close by. Thank you Eilan!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2017

One of my college friends was having her bachelorette party this weekend. The actual party with the large group of friends was being hosted downtown on Saturday. The bride, myself and another best friend wanted to have a mini-celebration on Friday night and chose to stay at the Eilan Hotel and Spa. I wish SO MUCH that we had our festivities there on Saturday as well. Even though we stayed a very nice hotel downtown on Saturday, it seemed to pale in experience because we had just had an unforgettable experience at Eilan the night prior.
From the valet, front desk, bellman, and service at the restaurant- we did not encounter a single associate who did not exhibit amazing customer service. Although we did not meet a manager, I feel this also speaks on the management team, as you can always feel a particular vibe when you are somewhere where the associates genuinely care about taking care of the guest, and seem to enjoy their work environment.
Upon arrival, we were upgraded (unfortunately I did not get her name) to a beautiful room with a Terrace as a congratulations to the bride. The bellman Chris took care of us upon arrival and departure and was always so cheerful. The three of us had enough bags for ten people to stay a week!
Bruno and another gentleman in the valet (tall, young, blonde guy) were so quick with our vehicles when we were in a hurry Saturday morning for our morning activities in the city and brought us bottles of water for the ride.
I want to say her name was Alysia (she worked the front desk Saturday at 2pm) she was beyond helpful in helping us with a later checkout as we explained that we had no where to get ready for the downtown festivities because the other girls were decorating the hotel there and that there was 3 of us sharing 1 bathroom. We could have probably made checkout, but we were starving and wanted to eat at the restaurant downstairs before getting ready. Without her help, we would have been rushed, hungry, and not ready for the party.
If we ever called from the room with questions, Jackie at the front desk was very patient in walking us through confusions such as how to check the voicemail in the room.
After we checked out, we spent an hour enjoying happy hour at the bar. The bride was still feeling a bit hungover from festivities the night before and was drinking water. The bartender (I don't remember his name- Saturday at 5p) took the initiative to make her a bitters and club soda to help settle her stomach. She mentioned later that it really helped her feel better.
Saturday night, at the other hotel, we experienced front desk agents that would mention in front of us that they just wanted to go home, we had help with our baggage and were left saying "Chris was so much more friendly and didn't make us feel like we were simply an inconvenience" and when we checked out today, headed home to Houston, all of us girls agreed, that next time we are in San Antonio, we will ONLY stay at the Eilan Hotel & Spa- especially since we were so busy we didn't even have a change to visit the beautiful pool!
Our weekend was unforgettable thanks in large part to y'alls efforts. I hope the management recognizes that they have top tier hospitality staff who really pay attention to the little things.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2017

My wife and I had a wonderful stay. The service and workers make sure that you have a great time while you are there. They greeted us by our names. The amenities are everything that is included with your stay really made it for a special time. Location cannot get any better. A lot of great shopping and great restaurants right across the street. They even provide a shuttle. We plan on coming back!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple