“Smaller Menu Yet Great Selections”
Review of Aloha Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Aloha Grill
Ranked #2,356 of 5,154 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Had the Loco Moco which is consistently great. Dining room is small and comfortable. Nice environment with Hawaiian touches.

Date of visit: February 2012
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I bought a Groupon for the grill and made a trip one day only to find they keep rather odd hours. (So check before you go.) This kinda miffed me ('cause I was too stupid to check before I went) and so I had a bit of an attitude about the place. Next time I not only called to make sure of the hours, but reserved a table. I took my sweetheart and wasn't too sure I'd be glad I did. It's a small place near a ritzy neighborhood in a bit of a poor location, kind of hidden. It has some water stains on the ceiling. The table clothes are white, and it has Hawaiian photos and motif, cafe style. The crowd looked local and casual... and there was a good bit of business going on. Upon entering I stole a glance at a plate on someone else's table and my mouth immediately watered. The staff took really nice care of us. Little girls in Hawaiian dress danced for a bit, really rather cute and different. It was nice. The place actually looked clean and orderly and when the food arrived, we tasted, smiled, and ate with gusto. I had blackened Mahi Mahi. My sweetheart had grilled shrimp. DELICIOUS! It was fun, different, kind of sweet and really tasty. I will return. The only thing I didn't like is they added the tip--which I never appreciate. Tips are customarily EARNED in this country. They did earn the 20% and I would have paid it anyway... but don't treat me like I am cheap and likely to under tip. Just work hard, as you are, and have faith. All in all. Great quaint little neighborhood joint!

Date of visit: November 2011